The Student Room Group

Discussion thread for Nigel vs. Nick 1st debate- 7pm today

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mickey O'Neil
Farage had Clegg finished from the get-go. The moment Farage mentioned the open door policy and ease of access EU citizens have to other EU member countries Clegg was done. The fact Clegg tried to defend it as well was laughable. When Farage stated a figure was an estimate made by UKIP he admitted it like a decent person and didn't lie or bend the truth when he could have done so. The public want honesty and he admitted it was a UKIP estimate.

According to Clegg, he's been meeting and speaking with everyone in the last few weeks. His political rhetoric and nonsense was boring but expected.

Exactly! Clegg was a fool to challenge Nigel to a debate in the first place. At least Nigel can admit he was wrong.

LBC themselves were bias, he only ever personally questioned UKIP's policies & only ever referred to UKIP leaflets!
Reply 41
Original post by nebelbon
Exactly! Clegg was a fool to challenge Nigel to a debate in the first place. At least Nigel can admit he was wrong.

LBC themselves were bias, he only ever personally questioned UKIP's policies & only ever referred to UKIP leaflets!

Why was he a fool? He lost a debate, yes. But did he make himself look stupid or incompetent, well I've yet to see a poll saying he did.

It's a bit of shame he never beat Farage but the prize was never victory here, it's all those Tory and Labour voters in May.

That 36% of Clegg supporters is a higher number than the Lib Dem poll ratings, ergo there's a bunch of people he can gain as can Farage.
It was a foolish thing to do because he couldn't possibly debate a point as well as Nigel Farage. Clegg is a career politician who use the standard political tripe when avoiding a question.
Original post by nebelbon
It was a foolish thing to do because he couldn't possibly debate a point as well as Nigel Farage. Clegg is a career politician who use the standard political tripe when avoiding a question.

Clegg's poll ratings have been so low that he really had nothing to lose and everything to gain from the debate.
Reply 44
How many pints had each had?
*shame my mobile tethering wouldn't let me see this*
Original post by dpm1996
Your lack of grammar would suggest otherwise, *aren't, aha!

Is that the best you can do? You don't even make sense.

And if you would like an excuse, it was off my mobile, my grammar is not really a priority when im walking the streets of moss side at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheMagicRat
I was really surprised by Farage's comments on Ukraine.

Why? They were perfectly true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by the mezzil
Is that the best you can do? You don't even make sense.

And if you would like an excuse, it was off my mobile, my grammar is not really a priority when im walking the streets of moss side at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone's a bit sensitive/defensive, aha
Reply 48
Labour supporters on who won the Clegg/Farage Debate: 42% Nigel Farage 51% Nick Clegg”.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
What channel was it on? Need to catch up and share my views.
Reply 50
LD voters: Clegg 77%, Farage 20%, Unsure 3%
UKIP voters: Farage 93%, Clegg 4%, Unsure 3%

A little amusing there, 20% of traitorous Lib Dems. 4% of traitorous Ukip'ers.
(edited 10 years ago)
I thought Clegg was roundly trounced.
On most issues all he could come up with were political buzzwords or picking out and focusing on irrelevant points.
Its getting a little old fashioned now.
After Blair, people don't want to hear that same old rubbish, even your own voters.
Reply 52
Original post by Mackay
What channel was it on? Need to catch up and share my views.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26754273
Reply 53
Nadine Dorries being her traitorous self wants Ukip in the leadership debates at the election.
Original post by Ace123
Yougov poll says Farage won 56
Telegraph poll also says Farage won

And Farage must have definately won when pro EU and pro immigration the Guardian declare Nigel Farage the winner, cannot believe Guardian declared Farage the winner! must have done well

In contrast, the Telegraph said that Clegg won, so...
Reply 55
http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/03/26/eu-referendum-highest-lead-two-years/

Interestingly a poll taken before the debate had the highest 'In' vote since Jan 12.
Reply 56
Who won the debate

I am voting for Farage, when the left wing Guardian say he is the winner he must have done well
Reply 57
I only managed to catch the end of the debate but it appeared as if Farage triumphed through his whimsical propagandising. I detest the man, every time I see his face all I can feel is loathing.
Reply 58
Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it. However, I hear that Farage quoted MigrationWatch as his authoritative source on migration impacts...
Original post by C_G
I only managed to catch the end of the debate but it appeared as if Farage triumphed through his whimsical propagandising. I detest the man, every time I see his face all I can feel is loathing.

Because you know he's right.

Loathing is the attribute of one who knows they have lost the factual argument so pull out the personal attacks/ scare stories.

You hate him because he has a popular opinion based on facts, and there is little you can do to stop him. Like pissing in the wind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending