The Student Room Group

Does my personality sound likeable or unlikeable?

I'm just curious, if I tell you a bit about myself. If you could also give a reason that would be great. I just want to learn a bit more about myself from people who have no reason to be too nice to say otherwise, I know a description is nothing like seeing me, but its a start.

I'm generally quite a friendly person, I tend to try and be nice to everyone but I can be shy when in a situation where I don't really know anyone.
I'm a guy but not really into sports at all, but I'm very much into music, gigs etc.
Im really into my job and dedicate a lot of time to work, although I meet up with friends for drinks quite a lot.
I have quite a silly sense of humour, I tend to do quite silly things for a laugh which sometimes gets me in trouble.
When I'm drinking I'm quite chatty/lively but I have a tendency to get a bit too drunk sometimes.
I'm not always great at taking pride in my appearance, I can look a bit unkept sometimes.
Sometimes I can be clumsy and make silly mistakes.
I'm not usually confrontational but if I feel somebody is being treated unfairly I will often stand up for them.
I can get quite down sometimes, I try to hide it but I think people can tell.
I don't like to impose myself on people too much if I dont know them that well so I tend not to join in with things unless I feel sure that I am welcome.
If really backed into a corner/someone tries to humiliate or bully me I can respond slightly aggressively.
I'm more confident some days than I am on others.
Reply 1
Not even joking but everything you said after your 3rd paragraph is literally me haha :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sound kind of similar to me haha

But to answer your question, yes, you seem like a likeable person :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone has different personalities, so to some people you will be 'likeable' and to others you might not be. I think your personality sounds fine :redface:
You have a mixture of qualities, much like anyone else. I can't see any reasons to dislike you based on that, you sound like half the people I know.

It's difficult to get much of an idea of what someone is like by self-description, though, unless you're incredibly perceptive and descriptive (as well as honest, of course).
You sound kinda like me to be honest. There doesn't seem to be anything to dislike about you at all from your description. :smile:
Reply 6
I think you sound like a pretty cool guy :smile:
Your self-description is likeable but the fact that you're soliciting approval from strangers makes you dislikable. It also makes me assume that the reason you're asking is that you are struggling to maintain good friendships with people, so I then wonder whether the description you've given of yourself is entirely accurate.
Original post by Lotus_Eater
Your self-description is likeable but the fact that you're soliciting approval from strangers makes you dislikable. It also makes me assume that the reason you're asking is that you are struggling to maintain good friendships with people, so I then wonder whether the description you've given of yourself is entirely accurate.

unable to give you a positive rating so I'm quoting because I completely agree
You sound fine but you're trying to gain the approval of strangers whose opinion shouldn't really matter to you. Also when people describe themselves they have a tendency to gloss over certain things
You seem alright. Based on how you've described yourself, I would say that you do sound like you have a lot of positive qualities in your personality. Be confident about who you are and what your doing, because then you'll feel better if you encounter negative situations, where people try to put you down for simply being yourself :yy: !
How do we know those traits are real? It seems to me you're saying 'here's a list of cool things about me... laaaadies :wink:'
You know when people put nearly-topless pictures on facebook? This is the personality version of that.
Reply 11
Original post by Tom_green_day
How do we know those traits are real? It seems to me you're saying 'here's a list of cool things about me... laaaadies :wink:'
You know when people put nearly-topless pictures on facebook? This is the personality version of that.

Ive tried to be as honest as possible. Im not trying to be cool at all, the point when i had to ask do I sound likeable is when I gave up any hope of looking cool.

The bits about getting too drunk, getting down a lot, being clumsy, being unkept, sometimes being too shy to be myself are traits im not particularly proud of and some of the reasons I worry about not being liked.
Reply 12
you seem alright :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending