The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Greys School of Art Interview are they trying to put people off going?

the whole interview lasted about half an hour. This has got to be the worst interview I have ever had and I'm not the only one. So we go for our interview and there are 3 lecturers who after the timer went off would rotate to the next person (3 of us in total) so I the lecturer comes over to me and looks through my work and then says "you could get a job?" and I try and tell him I want to go to Uni but he keeps on saying stuff like "You can't stay a student forever" okay I might have been okay once but he said this about 4 times and also in someway said going to Uni would be a waste of time! The timer rings and the next lecturer comes over I'm trying to explain my work and I realised I kept on saying "thing" so I apologise then she starts saying my words are "Now and Right " which would have been fine if she didn't start talking about her child and didn't pay any attention to my work then the timer goes and the final lecturer comes over, he was the best one out of the three and takes time to look and absorb my work and lets me explain. Then we are taken for a tour which is the most unenthusiastic tour I have ever had! "Here is a class room" and "here is some equipment" I would say its not his worlds that made it unenthusiastic but his tone of Voice.

I feel like I wasted time and money going to the Uni I had to print stuff out for them which cost over £10.00 and not to mention fuel costs and all the effort I put in. I'm in the middle of my graded unit and I wasted time trying to prepare for this interview! I found out that other people in my class had a similar experience and I really don't know what they are playing at! has anyone else had this experience ? I'm so confused and angry that I wasted time if I got accepted I would't go!
Reply 1
hey, what course did you apply for?
I had an interview as well and thought that it went quite well, although a few others on my college course seemed to have had the same bad experience as you
have you heard anything back yet?
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Quick Reply

Latest