The Student Room Group

Student Finance help - Divorced parent lives abroad

Sorry for reposting this question, i didn't realize there was a separate sub forum for Student Finance England

Hi, i'm currently in the process of applying for student finance. One of the questions in the first section is :

Since 1 September 2011 has either your: parents, step-parents or guardians, husband, wife or civil partner lived or worked outside the UK and Islands or, in the case of an EU, EEA or Swiss national outside the EEA or Switzerland?

The problem is that my parents are divorced and i live with my mum in the UK (where i have lived all my life) however my dad now lives and works abroad in Norway and has done for a few years now.

We do not know what to answer for this question. If we answer yes it says we will need to eventually give his full address details etc which we don't really know for sure as he's never really clear on where he lives/what exactly he works as.
My mum says we should answer no to this question as i just live with her and he no longer lives with us or supports our household but am not sure and don't want to get in trouble or anything .

What do you think i should answer for this question?

Any help would be very much appreciated
Hi there.

Your mother is correct. This question relates to who is actually supporting your application, so if your mother is supporting you alone she can provide her income details only and omit your fathers details.

As long as your mother can prove she is divorced/single then we will be happy to assess you using your mothers details only.

Thanks
Ah ok, thank you! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending