Which hotels in UK allow under 18s to stay in?

Watch
JonathanCarlise2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys, me and a couple of friends are going around England to look at universities ( we are from hong kong). We are all under 18s and most hotels do not allow us to stay unless there are adults with us, but i'm sure there are exceptions. Any know any hotels in Cambridge, Manchester, Liverpool, Reading and London which allow under 18s to stay?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JonathanCarlise2)
Hey guys, me and a couple of friends are going around England to look at universities ( we are from hong kong). We are all under 18s and most hotels do not allow us to stay unless there are adults with us, but i'm sure there are exceptions. Any know any hotels in Cambridge, Manchester, Liverpool, Reading and London which allow under 18s to stay?
Hostels are more likely to.
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
some hotels will let you, I remember one of them saying to me and few friends that we needed to give our parents phone number, incase we damaged something or whatever
JonathanCarlise2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
any specific hotels allow us? The only ones i know are youth hostels and premier inn.
mohammadkaisar21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In general hotels not allowed to stay below 18s without an adult. Hostel is the best option for the same.
The-Dream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just get a parent to book it under your name, you'll be fine.
marple
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It might be worth contacting the international departments at the universities you want to visit and explain the situation. Many universities rent out some of their accommodation during the summer vacation to the public and although you need to be 18, they may have discretion if you go via the international students department.

Alternatively, try YHA. http://www.yha.org.uk/
They have hostels in all of your locations except Reading (and you can visit on a day trip from London) and are a good option for 16-18 year olds.
Good luck and enjoy your visit
Faithdakota
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Anyway a four 15 year old could book in without an adult?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Faithdakota)
Anyway a four 15 year old could book in without an adult?
only to somewhere like a youth hostel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (359)
84.07%
No (68)
15.93%

Watched Threads