The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by traintracks1995
You pull up at the lights next to a 1.6 Golf (100bhp) and it is edging forwards as if up for a race. Its a 70 mph dual carrigaeway, no other cars on the road, perfect weather etc.

How would you drive when the lights go green and he guns it ?

I would calmly accelerate to the speed limit.

Then look in my mirrors to find the car with the same power as my bike and 10 times the weight struggling against the laws of physics. :cool:
Original post by Maccees
Listen kid, just because you say something, it doesn't make it so :wink:

You don't drive fast, you try and 'gun' your tug boat of a boxcar and look like a typical pathetic little kid who to both everyone on the road and everyone on the forum.

When your tyre blows out at high speed, no amount of ego and 20k miles of not crashing will stop you from spinning out, not having a clue what to do, and crashing into a tree/lamp post/another car/child.

Stop being a **** and grow the **** up.

Why would my tyre blow out? The beast is well maintained and capable of high speeds in safety, as is the driver when he chooses to.

Original post by blue n white army
I've seen you state that you do a lot of motorway driving and stick at 60mph whilst doing so

That is correct. Since slowing down on motorways I've saved a lot of fuel. I like to do 60 where ever I go. Be it motorway, country road or 40 limits. But sometimes I get naughty and exceed 60 :wink:
Original post by Motorbiker
I would calmly accelerate to the speed limit.

Then look in my mirrors to find the car with the same power as my bike and 10 times the weight struggling against the laws of physics. :cool:

How powerful is your bike? 0-60 and top speed ?
How powerful is your bike? 0-60 and top speed ?

100bhp

0-60 in 4 seconds

Top speed is a claimed 140 but the highest it's been is 135 on the nurgburgring.
Traffic lights on a 70mph dual carriageway :confused:
100bhp

0-60 in 4 seconds

Top speed is a claimed 140 but the highest it's been is 135 on the nurgburgring.

If you raced your bike against my more powerful Passat you'd probably be quicker off the line cause it's lighter (assuming equal driver skills).

But after 80 mph or so, the Passat would start putting down the power and reel the bike in. Its done 140 mph and I know it had a little more to give.

Of course driver skill is a big factor which may top the outcome either way.
Reply 46
Original post by Pariah
You are the sort of **** who wouldn't offer a m8 petrol money, so your views can safely be ignored as well.

Irrelevant and not going into this again, if you want to re-read my comments go back onto the thread. And too right I won't offer petrol money for a journey they'd already be making. Fast driving is OK because it doesn't mean dangerous.

Original post by Maccees
Because the people who think they can do it usually can't.

But some can
Reply 47
I'd destroy him without even noticing him most likely. I love accelerating fast onto motorways/carriageways. That whoosh feeling :redface:
Reply 48
100bhp

0-60 in 4 seconds

How much was nurgburgring insurance for you? Did your insurer insure cars too?!
Why would my tyre blow out? The beast is well maintained and capable of high speeds in safety, as is the driver when he chooses to.

That is correct. Since slowing down on motorways I've saved a lot of fuel. I like to do 60 where ever I go. Be it motorway, country road or 40 limits. But sometimes I get naughty and exceed 60 :wink:

Yeah but youre saying that you've got 20k miles of fast driving experience when you are really tootling along at 60 on the motorway probably middle lane hogging.

Also where are these coutry roads based?
Original post by samba
How much was nurgburgring insurance for you? Did your insurer insure cars too?!

Didn't get extra insurance.

Was my brother riding it then anyway.

It's just a tollroad. It's not a racetrack.
You pull up at the lights next to a 1.6 Golf (100bhp) and it is edging forwards as if up for a race. Its a 70 mph dual carrigaeway, no other cars on the road, perfect weather etc.

I'd accelerate as I normally do (as quickly as safely possible until I hit the limit) and watch them disappear in my rear view mirror.

I just hope no BiB see it and thinks I'm racing him. Not my fault my car accelerates quicker, it isn't like I am going to go slower than I normally would.
Normally, I go nice and slow... let the tossers kill themselve, but when in the LexusLS400, I aint take **** and I'll ****ing humour them and mug em off. No matter how much youve upgraded your banger with parts from Internet, you cant beat a lexus
If you raced your bike against my more powerful Passat you'd probably be quicker off the line cause it's lighter (assuming equal driver skills).

But after 80 mph or so, the Passat would start putting down the power and reel the bike in. Its done 140 mph and I know it had a little more to give.

Luckily the speed limit is 70 so that would not be a problem.

If this was on a drag strip or similar then EVENTUALLY in theory your car with a slightly higher top speed will catch up but having a 5mph higher top speed that it takes longer to get to will mean you have a massive deficit to catch up and you'd only be closing it very slowly.

Whereas the bike will probably be doing 100 before you're doing 60 so there's a decent amount of time with a much larger speed difference for the bike to gain a decent head start.

Also, Accelerating is not that skillful. Obviously there's the fractions to gain in the perfect launch/gear changes but still...
Reply 54

Lol, my old 330D E46 touring (far more torque and power than your passat) could barely manage 140mph~. I'm calling BS on your passat being able to do so.
Original post by samba
Lol, my old 330D E46 touring (far more torque and power than your passat) could barely manage 140mph~. I'm calling BS on your passat being able to do so.

And you'd be right to call BS on him doing 140. He claimed that it did in another thread, and someone pulled out the parkers guide on him to show him his real top speed, to which he wasn't seen again on that thread... lol

Bro, I'd beat you in my Nissan Micra.
Reply 57
I have a citroen c1 and nothing amuses me more than pulling up beside a boy racer and looking like i'm trying to race them.

Whilst they are staring at me all like 'and what the **** are you doing?'

the lights change and I whizz off :biggrin:

(I dont actually race, I just enjoy the amusement i get out of their confused expressions)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by blue n white army

Also where are these coutry roads based?

Where I live there are loads of country roads you could do 60 down.

You would be a ****ing idiot to do it though.
Reply 59
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Traffic lights on a 70mph dual carriageway :confused:

There is one of these in Gloucester. Its a pain in the ass.

Latest