The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth- Marketing Communications

Hey, I was just wondering what it's like to study Marketing Communications at Bournemouth Uni from anyone that's been to the actual media school applicant day or already studies the subject!

I've already got my conditional offer and will be starting this September!!
Congrats! I study marcomms at BU, going into 2nd year in September. What d'you want to know?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by staceymkelly
Congrats! I study marcomms at BU, going into 2nd year in September. What d'you want to know?

Hi, I'm interested in the Marketing Communications course at Bournemouth and would like to know what it's like over there.
Hi , I was just wondering what grades did you get in on ?
Original post by TheFishpack
Hi, I'm interested in the Marketing Communications course at Bournemouth and would like to know what it's like over there.

Well I love it here. Depends on whether you're more interested in the academic side of things or the social life. Either way it's pretty amazing really.

Academically, the lecturers are great, the course is interesting and there's plenty of support from your programme leader and your PAL (Peer Assisted Learning) Leader. PAL is a system where your seminar group gets matched with a second year student who will help you get adjusted and answer questions you might have about uni life or assignments or anything really. Plus there's the chance to take external courses like the Chartered Institute of Marketing's Introductory Certificate in Marketing. There are also internal opportunities like guest lectures, the Student Development Award and the marketing society.

Socially, Bournemouth's a brilliant place to live. Obviously you've got the beach plus there's plenty of clubs including the Student Union's club, The Old Fire Station. There's a fair few house parties if that's what you're into. Then there's the gardens and the cinemas. There are plenty of societies to get involved with and meet people through, plus volunteering.

Anything else you'd like to know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending