Jwhite89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello!

I have been very lucky to be offerd places at 2 universities, however my preferred choice is a deferred September 2015 offer. My other offer is a September 2014 offer.
My preferd choice is asking for lower grades than the other offer so the sensible choice is to accept the sept 2014 as my firm choice and September 2015 as my reserve.
I have heard of people writing to the uni and asking to be considered for earlier entry should places come available, will I even be considered for this if they are an insurance?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
knope
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It makes no sense to firm another uni over your preferred one because it asks for higher grades. If you get your firm's grades in this situation then you'll have to go there, so you'll miss out on what would've been a confirmed place at your first choice. Clearly if you'd be happy having the preferred uni's offer as an insurance one then you think it's very achievable, so what've you got to lose by putting it as your firm?

Anyway, if you don't want to take a gap year then contact the uni who's made you an offer for 2015 entry and see if they'll consider you for 2014 entry. Did you request 2015 entry there or not?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads