The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Soul, why does your sig say 2006 - 2010. Are you doing a 4 year course, or am I working it out wrong? I thought it was summer '09 we'd all graduate?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
ladyportacabin
Soul, why does your sig say 2006 - 2010. Are you doing a 4 year course, or am I working it out wrong? I thought it was summer '09 we'd all graduate?

He is studying a foriegn language this will be why he is doing 4 years, they take a year abroad to imporve their respective languages.

Am very exited about Sussex know, especially Brigton, it´s such a nice place. Have my tenancy agreement my loan (well apllied for) nearly got my bank account all i have to do now is survive the next 2 months withpout spending all my savings on Caiparinya´s! (major spelling error).
Yes indeed, thank you Dangerous Dan :p:

Hehe, "Soul". I don't think that name suits me :biggrin: but you can keep calling me it, it sounds cool.
I think by 'Top Secret' he means 'shutup! Don't get Hayley started!'
Reply 44
dogtanian
I think by 'Top Secret' he means 'shutup! Don't get Hayley started!'

:biggrin:
Reply 45
ladyportacabin

Hang on... I'm confused. I had this discusion with a mate where I thought we graduated 2009 but was proved wrong...

We start in Autumn 2006... but graduate in the summer. So surely you would count three years from the summer of 2007 that we actually finish?

Someone help me, English students arn't deisgned to calculate :redface:
No, two years from summer 2007. Because that's the end of the first year, silly.
Reply 47
I still don't geddit :frown:
Reply 48
The end of first year, summer 07...means that you've studied one year and have two more left, which means that you'll be graduating summer 09, two years after finishing your first year :biggrin:
Reply 49
I still don't geddit :frown:
Reply 50
Only joking :biggrin:

Thanks for the explanation... nice sunnies by the way :wink:
Reply 51
Thanks, lol, I do love sunnies, allthough the ones on the pic aren't mine... :p:
I am looking forward to putting to use the liver I have oh-so-carefully and lovingly been strengthening these past few months! :wink: :biggrin:

And learning how to cook! I tried to make spring rolls and toast the other day and managed to splash hot oil all over me- and I couldn't put the butter on the toast either because my Mum didn't get the spreadable kind. I didn't even know there were different kinds....
... I can just about make toast :biggrin: .... sometimes :biggrin:
Reply 54
Well I've actually bought the best thing ever. It's a rice cooker, a steamer and a slow cooker in one so I will be able to cook nice rice, veg, sauces, soups and casseroles. It was £30 and is absolutely magical, I love it already. I was dreading trying to cook rice without it going stodgy and horrible.

I've actually managed to develop a few cooking skills over the summer so I can make some decent basic meals. I shouldn't have to live on beans on toast.. whether I will or not is another story :biggrin:
Squirly I'll come live with you and you can cook me all my meals and in exchange I will... be very appreciative!:biggrin: :wink:
I have a cocktail shaker and can make nice veggie chilli so i'll be ok! I like cooking for people. I'm mumsy.
Can I live with you please. Lolz.

No but really. I think as soon as I leave my mother's home I am never going to eat another vegetable :p: I really don't think I'm going to be a very good student; I don't even like rice or pasta or those kind of studenty things. Meh. I'm pretty confident that I can live off bread :biggrin:
Reply 58
9 months of uni left me with the ability to make fantastic egg-fried rice, but not a hell of a lot else... :biggrin:
Reply 59
I'm planning to drink a lot of coffee, so hunger won't be such an issue lol :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending