The Student Room Group
You're going on an expedition why the **** do you want to listen to music, you're going to be having fun with girls/guys...

What's wrong with this generation
Reply 2
Original post by IntriguedUser
You're going on an expedition why the **** do you want to listen to music, you're going to be having fun with girls/guys...

Totaally agreed lool!!!!

and besides, you're not allowed you ipod/iphone or anything as the expedition is not meant to rely on any sort of devices (those that give advantage ie gps)...and although ipods don't have the capability, you still shouldn't be allowed!

But yeah, just enjoy with friends, talk, make jokes, play games (that's what we did at least!!!)...and there will be a few moments (very small) that you will not talk, and just want to walk......then just walk!!
Yeah I agree, the only way we got through the expeditions was by talking and messing around :smile:
I'm pretty sure you're not allowed that stuff during your expedition anyway
Reply 5
Sing cheesy songs from musicals to keep you amused- that's what my friend and I are planning on doing (I think everyone's going to hate us :biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
We were allowed ipod/phones on our expeditions, but this was before absolutely everyone had internet/gps on their phone, so I can imagine maybe you aren't allowed them anymore? :p:
Reply 7
Original post by Ian80
We were allowed ipod/phones on our expeditions, but this was before absolutely everyone had internet/gps on their phone, so I can imagine maybe you aren't allowed them anymore? :p:

Our DofE leaders say that we are only allowed one phone between the whole group which is sealed in a plastic bag and put in our rucksacks. We aren't allowed to call anyone, even if we get lost, apart from if it's a dire emergency

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meemily
Our DofE leaders say that we are only allowed one phone between the whole group which is sealed in a plastic bag and put in our rucksacks. We aren't allowed to call anyone, even if we get lost, apart from if it's a dire emergency

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember if I did actually take my phone on the expedition, or if I did I would have only used it once we were at the campsite because we had no signal during the days because we were in the middle of nowhere! :tongue:

Each group had a walkie talkie in case of emergencies.
Original post by IntriguedUser

Why do you have such a problem. Dofe isn't entirely walking, what if someone wants to listen to music before going to bed or some other time. What's wrong with this outdated, inconsiderate, useless past generation.

Latest

Trending

Trending