sgfdhuifshd6
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi. I have decided to take iMedia as a 4th option for year 13. I am doing maths, physics and computing next year, and so my tutor suggested I take iMedia as it has a lighter workload so it looks like I'm going to be doing it.

she assured me that it was a good choice and my a levels will be enough to get into uni. However will it put me at a disadvantage to get into uni for computer science if I take an 'easy' fourth option? As opposed to a more difficult but AS level qualification?
brokenToaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
4th options don't really matter that much. They're fourth options - unis only really care about the main three and how well you do in those. Plus, iMedia is quite related so it'll mesh well. So long as it won't get in the way of your other subjects, i'd go for it!
sgfdhuifshd6
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by brokenToaster)
4th options don't really matter that much. They're fourth options - unis only really care about the main three and how well you do in those. Plus, iMedia is quite related so it'll mesh well. So long as it won't get in the way of your other subjects, i'd go for it!

Thanks, that's really encouraging.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No Uni wants more than 3 A levels - so you don't need to do anything on top of that, ie. it wont give you any advantage when applying to Uni. Do an extra subject if it interests you, but be careful that doing this doesn't 'dilute' the time you have to spend on the main subjects.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't worry too much about the subject you choose as a 4th. I'd suggest doing a subject you'd just enjoy and get decent results with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (740)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (417)
19.1%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (97)
4.44%

Watched Threads