PeterSandrofon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello guys,

I've read many documents about writing an UCAS statement and I'm not so bad in English but since English is my second language, I have no idea what is considered standard and I would love to get in so I am asking any of you, If you could proofread it for me and tell me your honest opinion is.

Please PM me for the statement and thank you in advance.
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you submit it to the TSR PS Help service, one of the reviewers may be able to look at it and give you better advice, not just on your english but also on the content of your personal statement. However, if your English is particularly poor then it may be a better idea to ask your English teacher to have a look at it - although you seem to have good English writing in your first post, your teacher may have a better idea of how to structure and phrase a more formal personal statement.

Are you aware that the equal consideration deadline for UCAS has already passed for entry in September 2014? It is unlikely that many of the more popular universities or courses will have any spaces left at this late a stage in the application process.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't pm your statement to anyone. Use the PS Help service, which is secure.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't PM your PS to anyone, as you run the risk of plagiarism. Use the PS help service instead, as others have mentioned, because it's secure.
PeterSandrofon
Rep:
?
Hi,

thanks for the reply. I do know that the deadline passed but I heard that the particular collage I'm applying to is receiving applications even till 30th June. Anyway the page you posted says it will take at least three days which might be a little too long for me. That being said I'll submit it there also, so thank you.
PeterSandrofon
Rep:
?
Also I'm not really worried about plagiarism since it is a very specific field I'm applying to on a very specific date. But thank you for your concern.
Lyla_Mikaeal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PeterSandrofon)
Also I'm not really worried about plagiarism since it is a very specific field I'm applying to on a very specific date. But thank you for your concern.
Better safe than sorry buddy. You never know who would see it and copy parts (even if it is for a different course - you could still get accused of plagiarism because ALL personal statements are compared to a database of ALL the personal statements on UCAS). Use the PS Help Service and the help of your teachers/supervisers/an adult you trust
PeterSandrofon
Rep:
?
Well I see, the competition is on laughing matter. Thank you.
JonesMurray
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Everyone knows that you cannot check or proofread your own work. You will always overlook your own mistakes and as long as the first and last letter are correct, you will invariably register or read what you want to see.
Your work needs to be of the right standard to avoid the disappointment of rejection.
So I will suggest you to find the best and professional proofreading and editing services so that your paper will get published with perfect editing that’s true to your voice
and tone.
Klix88
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JonesMurray)
Everyone knows that you cannot check or proofread your own work
Is that 'everyone who works for a proofreading service?' Because i've managed 4 A levels, a degree, a Masters and the first part of my PhD without resorting to paying someone
JonesMurray
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dear Kilx88,

You can not find any one without pay money for proofreading and editing service for your academic paper and some thing else.
Klix88
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JonesMurray)
Dear Kilx88,

You can not find any one without pay money for proofreading and editing service for your academic paper and some thing else.
Probable that it is you needs most reading proofs prior to internet on this posting. Thanks for links on other of your posts addvertising those services on offer. They are earning their money from yours.
LoisB*
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi all,Is there still a proofreading service available via student room? I am worried about forwarding mine to a professional company for obvious reasons.Any direction would be so appreciated.Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (897)
42.8%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads