The Student Room Group

Can you tell when a guy is wearing makeup?

Can you girls tell me if you are aware when a guy is wearing foundation or concealer and upon seeing it on a guy what do you think of him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're a man. Your skin is supposed to be rough not flawless like a females.
Reply 2
Original post by Jimminist
You're a man. Your skin is supposed to be rough not flawless like a females.

Thats just a stereotype. Men can wear makeup and many do. I wear concealer sometimes :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lala121
Thats just a stereotype.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's sexual dimorphism.
Reply 4
If they've put it on badly then it's really easy to tell, the majority of people wouldn't be able to tell if it was done properly.
Reply 5
Original post by lala121
Thats just a stereotype. Men can wear makeup and many do. I wear concealer sometimes :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have girly nickname and girly profile pic :smile:

It depends sometimes its easy to tell sometimes its hard. Unless male have some kind of big problem, I would want him to wear make up.
Reply 6
Original post by Dekota-XS
Can you girls tell me if you are aware when a guy is wearing foundation or concealer and upon seeing it on a guy what do you think of him?

Well its pretty obvious if the colour doesnt match your skin tone or you put a lot of powder on. Make sure you blend it in well dab a bit of pressed powder if needed. Make sure you skin is exfoliated and dead/rough skin is removed, as this can cause it not to blend and can be visible from patches. Moisturise well e.g. use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula tub cream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by lNurl
You have girly nickname and girly profile pic :smile:

It depends sometimes its easy to tell sometimes its hard. Unless male have some kind of big problem, I would want him to wear make up.

Who said am a guy? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on how good he is at applying the make up. If he has applied it well then it wont really be noticeable. If i noticed/was told a guy wore foundation/concealer then i wouldn't really think anything but that they wanted their skin to appear clearer (which is fair enough) :redface:
Reply 9
I know how to apply makeup, dare I say I apply it better than women. But what I'd like to know is if I hit on a girl, up close, will she check if my pores are visible and upon seeing they are not, will they construe that I'm wearing makeup?
Reply 10
Original post by lala121
Who said am a guy? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool why would you want to share that you use concealer xD majority of girls use concelar :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Dekota-XS
I know how to apply makeup, dare I say I apply it better than women. But what I'd like to know is if I hit on a girl, up close, will she check if my pores are visible and upon seeing they are not, will they construe that I'm wearing makeup?

I wouldn't be looking. I know guys that wear eyeliner. And even then I don't really look to see if they are wearing foundation etc. I don't care. Some guys I find more attractive with make up then without, but manly eyeliner is the thing for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I died a little inside reading that.
I can't even tell when girls are wearing make-up... (When it looks natural) so no.
Reply 14
Original post by Silver Arrows
I died a little inside reading that.

The whole thing or my comment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeccaKloe
The whole thing or my comment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both.
Ofcourse we can. I wouldnt be attracted to a guy wearing makeup tbh. Id see him as quiteffeminine
Original post by Ribbit1234
Ofcourse we can. I wouldnt be attracted to a guy wearing makeup tbh. Id see him as quiteffeminine

Obviously your personal preference but there is nothing wrong with a guy being 'feminine'.
Reply 18
I wear concealer. I have dark marks near the bridge of my nose due to wearing glasses so when I wear contact lenses (nearly every day) I always put 'Mac Studio Finish Concealer' on. Nobody has ever commented if I have some on.

Although due to some recent flare up of eczema on my face, some people think I have pink eyeshadow on...its just inflammed from the eczema . Maybe one day I'll just say yeah I wear eyeshadow to see their reaction.
(edited 10 years ago)
Possibly.

Quick Reply

Latest