Why do you think women like these TV shows ?

Watch
Xyloid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Noticed a lot of my female friends and my current female flatmate enjoy some of the following programs. I find them excruciatingly painful to watch.

I don't know any guys that do. Maybe a guy wouldn't admit to it ? If you do, then let yourself be known and the reasons why you watch.

- The Real Wives of (multiple locations).
- Millionaire Match Maker
- Supersize Vs. Superskinny
- You are what you eat

Few others but I cant remember. What is the appeal ?
AE96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a guy and I can't stand any of those except supersize vs superskinny. I really don't know why other than the fact that the psychological aspect is sometimes interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
~ Aquamarine ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I only like Supersize VS Superskinny and Big Rich Texas (which was like the Texas version of Real Housewives).
Big Rich Texas is just funny to watch when there is nothing else on and i find Supersize VS Superskinny interesting, especially as i am into fitness/eating healthy so is nice to see before and after success stories
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My being a nutrition freak is my excuse for loving shows like Supersize. :grin: My brother-in-law got me into that. I had no idea it existed until he mentioned it to me.

As for the first two, I detest shows like that. The only time I catch a glimpse/have to sit through them is when my cousin comes to stay and the Kardashians aren't on. :nothing:
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really a fan of those but I absolutely LOVE TOWIE. I feel so superior watching it, like I'm a giant super-queen from another dimension peering into the lives of my 2-D subjects who are so vacuous they can't even conceive of me.
drake10
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Women crave drama.
username1132180
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They also like
> loose women
> owt with holly willaboughy (***********)
They are both pointless and boring, bit like a broken pencil
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For the same reason women are more typically associated with diets and eating disorders: they set much more store by their bodies than men because of the way society is.
TheWorldEndsWithMe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't know why anyone watches any of those, female or not, frankly.
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Real Housewives... is rubbish, I don't get it.

Millionaire Matchmaker I see as no better than the PUA ***** that infest certain areas of pop. culture (although the one where the guy takes the girl on a date to a train station then eats EMBRYO's was funny). Also not sure how deep the obsession with Jewish-ness is in American culture but I find it distasteful.

Supersize and others of that ilk are odd, I don't get it.

Loose Women is a bunch of middle aged women gossiping and drooling over semi attractive men. Basically everything that is awful about middle class yuppy mums.
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I love Real Housewives and millionaire matchmaker but then I watch pretty much everything on TV
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Coz they're women
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.56%
I'm not sure (54)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (347)
29.21%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (579)
48.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed