The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Party life

Heyy so Im a boy, got an offer from Plymouth and I enjoy to party so I was wondering what is the party life in Plymouth like?
(edited 10 years ago)
Plymouth night life is far better than I ever expected it to be when I applied, I'm used to going out in London back home and I thought that the clubs and bars here would suck in comparison but I was so wrong. For a start it is dirt cheap and there is different student night every night of the week.
Oceana - this is the biggest club in plymouth and I was expecting it to be pretty naff like back home but its really big with about 5 different rooms and the drinks prices on the students nights which are monday and thursday are decent, most shots about £1.50 and drinks about £2. Always has a great turn out with all uni students. Also fridays are really good and cheap aswell, saturdays aren't too bad but you get a lot of locals and marines in there
The SU - fridays is pound party where its £1 to get in and by the name you'd guess that drinks are £1 (well most drinks like most beers, shots and mixers). saturdays are just as good here, slightly more expensive but still one of the cheapest places around. It's always busy here on both nights and you will definitely have a good night, theres 2 music rooms, one with more cheesy music and one with chart/club music
Walkabout - on wednesday the uni sports and societies have a night here and this is where you will most likely go on socials if you join a uni club, its again really cheap and is such a good night, not a massive place but once you're there and the place is packed then it won't bother you. This is my favourite night out, most people dressed in fancy dress and you'll always see people you know
Cuba & Bang Bang - these are two separate places but are right next to each other and do a joint night on a tuesday called who's house, this is really good (better at the start of the year when people can still afford to go out every night) and its normally a few pounds to get in and then you can go between the two all night. They're both still busy every other night because they are open until 6 and so they're the places people head to after going out to other places. I personally prefer Cuba but they both are fun. Cuba has a bit of a reputation as a bit scabby for reasons like when a girl gets her tits out while standing on the bar shes gets a free bottle of champagne, not too respectful but is always a laugh when you're drunk
Other places like bacbar, odd bar, the fresher and professor and mousetrap are also good for just going for drinks or for pre drinking at
There are loads of other places in plymouth to go out but they are just the few I can think of now

Basically, there is literally something for everyone in plymouth and if you're looking for a uni with good nightlife then plymouth is definitely that, it might not be massive like some other places but it has all you need and is so cheap that it's hard to complain
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending