AS English Literature Narrative Aspects exam

Watch
Charli Baker
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I understand section A - How does ____ tell the story in chapter __) and then the question about it
But I don't understand section B
We're studying Enduring Love, Rossetti and Auden for it, but I honestly have no idea what we're meant to do with all of this in the exam.
Any help??
edgarcats
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I'm studying Auden and Enduring Love too, although our school hasn't told us which texts to choose for each section. If you felt confident enough, you could write about your fourth text (as long as you don't write about it in Section A).

Basically, for section B you're given a choice of two generic questions. You pick one (it's marked out of 42) and write about 3 of your 4 texts (it has to be the texts you didn't write about in Section A) in relation to the question.

For example: Write about the significance of places in 3 texts.

Write about your 3 texts individually; there is no need for comparison. This question is marked for AO1, AO2 and AO3 (no need for context). You have to write about how the writers use places (or whatever the question is about) and what meanings develop from their use of places. So pick out relevant narrative devices (AO2) and use these to illustrate your interpretation/s about the importance/significance of place (AO3).

Hope this helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (63)
22.5%
Note taking apps (6)
2.14%
Flashcards (52)
18.57%
Revision guides (16)
5.71%
Past papers (132)
47.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.93%

Watched Threads