figuresk8rstudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello.

I chose 5 Universities originally but my least favourite has offered me an interview. At present, I do not want to go to the Interview as have offers from 2 of my favourite universities.

I am curious what are ALL the repercussions of withdrawing my application to chosen university? I understand I won't be able to apply again which does not bother me. I'm just worried of the other possible repercussions of withdrawing permanently. Do the other universities find out? Will I be able to go through CLEARING (Worst case scenario) if I withdraw permanently from one of my choices.

Any advise would be most appreciated
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No repercussions, and other unis won't care.

You'd have to withdraw from b be rejected all 5 choices to enter Extra / Clearing though

Posted from TSR Mobile
figuresk8rstudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
No repercussions, and other unis won't care.

You'd have to withdraw from b be rejected all 5 choices to enter Extra / Clearing though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think that where Im worried. I won't have been rejected by all 5 will I if I withdraw from one?

I'd hate to think I will be rejected by the others but if I have to be rejected by all in order to go through Clearing then I'm stuck
RHCPfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I withdrew from one of my choices. No other repercussions
figuresk8rstudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by RHCPfan)
I withdrew from one of my choices. No other repercussions
Thanks - might look up clearing and see if I would qualify in worst case scenario. I just don't want to do anything that could spoil my chances of going to Uni this year
RHCPfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by figuresk8rstudent)
Thanks - might look up clearing and see if I would qualify in worst case scenario. I just don't want to do anything that could spoil my chances of going to Uni this year
Do you not think you'll achieve the offers you've been given?
figuresk8rstudent
Rep:
?
I do have faith in my ability to do well in upcoming exams.
I just want to be fully prepared for just in case
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by figuresk8rstudent)
Think that where Im worried. I won't have been rejected by all 5 will I if I withdraw from one?

I'd hate to think I will be rejected by the others but if I have to be rejected by all in order to go through Clearing then I'm stuck
Withdrawing from one doesn't mean that you lose all five places :nah:

You can still go through Clearing if you miss your grades - indeed, that's the reason that the vast majority of people end up going through Clearing. There's a guide to Clearing here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/guide_to_clearing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads