The Student Room Group

If you could see three bands live that are no longer together, who would it be?

Technically only one of my bands are officially 'split up' but they are both without their best band members (in my opinion). For me it would be The Beatles, Queen (with Freddie M) and Three days Grace (with Adam).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The Beatles, Nirvana and The Smiths.
Reply 2
clearly Busted
The Smiths, ELO have sort of disbanded, so them, and the Beach Boys I suppose. Or Queen. Most of the music I listen to is either musicals, film soundtracks, bands/artists who are still going, or single artists from the 50's/60's who are dead.
Reply 4
Inb4 ABBA :ahee:
Pendulum
Swedish House Mafia
Can't think of a third... Does NWA count?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Queen, Nirvana and My Chemical Romance. Tons more on the list!
Queen
Swedish House Mafia
Dunno about a third, possibly ABBA?
Pegasus Bridge, Nirvana and Busted probably :smile:
Reply 9
Nirvana(duuuuh)
Avenged Sevenfold(I know that they haven't split up but I'd kill to see them with The Rev)
MCR

I would have said FOB but they're back and I've seen them now so I'm a happy bunny :h:
Original post by KingKumar
clearly Busted

I agree.
Mine would be: Busted, Atomic kitten, and Blue
Id aldo pick son of dork
The Smiths, Nirvana and Queen. Music Gods :biggrin:
The Beatles, Oasis and (I really struggled with this last one) The Pixies. :biggrin:
Original post by Emma:-)
I agree.
Mine would be: Busted, Atomic kitten, and Blue

Bands play instruments. So only Busted count. Mime is not music either so that rules out Atomic Kitten.

For me
REM
The White Stripes
The Smiths
Reply 15
Upper Class Racket
The white stripes, Oasis and Seahorses
Reply 17
Original post by majmuh24
Pendulum
Swedish House Mafia
Can't think of a third... Does NWA count?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pendulum are still together, they're playing at Reading/Leeds festival. I'll let you have NWA :wink:
The Beatles

The Kinks

Nirvana

(The Smiths/Velvet Underground as well :frown: )

*Hip hop/soul/jazz discounted as genres in this. to narrow it for my self :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by esjae
Nirvana(duuuuh)
Avenged Sevenfold(I know that they haven't split up but I'd kill to see them with The Rev)
MCR

I would have said FOB but they're back and I've seen them now so I'm a happy bunny :h:

FOB's new album is great :biggrin: I need to go see them at some point, such a good band. As for Nirvana they would be my 4th choice, it was between them and TDG for third :tongue:.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply