Msc Human Resource Management-Strathclyde

Watch
kleio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello everybody.I got a conditional offer for Msc HRM at Strathclyde.Is there anyone planning to take up this course in September or have heard anything about the program?
Any information or advice would be helpful
Allijordanx0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What are the subjects you need to get into that for strathclyde , Do you NEED higher maths??
kleio
Rep:
?
No you dont need maths necessarily.I had a Bachelor of Business Administration.They accept any Business background but i think that also people of other subjects are accepted such as Psychology,Sociology and fields like that.You can find everything on their website to see if you are eligible.
Allijordanx0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kleio)
No you dont need maths necessarily.I had a Bachelor of Business Administration.They accept any Business background but i think that also people of other subjects are accepted such as Psychology,Sociology and fields like that.You can find everything on their website to see if you are eligible.
Thank you So what subjects did you take to get into HRM ?
kleio
Rep:
?
(Original post by Allijordanx0)
Thank you So what subjects did you take to get into HRM ?
You mean what subjects did i have in my bachelor or what entry requirements does Strathclyde have?
kleio
Rep:
?
Entry Requirements as stated at their website:

The minimum required qualification for entry is at least a second class Honours degree in a cognate subject, such as an arts, social science or business-related discipline, from a UK University or equivalent from an EU or overseas university. Work experience is desirable, but not required.

For students whose first language is not English, achievement of an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each criteria) or a TOEFL score of 100 (with minimum individual scores of 21 in Listening and 23 in Writing, Reading and Speaking). Both tests are valid for two years.
Vidn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kleio)
Hello everybody.I got a conditional offer for Msc HRM at Strathclyde.Is there anyone planning to take up this course in September or have heard anything about the program?
Any information or advice would be helpful
Hey kleio happy to see you here. I too have an offer for Msc HRM at Strathclyde Business School. I'm planning to take this course but I'm really confused, now I cannot reconcile between Strathclyde Business School and other univ offers.
Vidn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have an offer from Strathclyde Business School for MSc HRM but I'm from engineering background and I'm very new to business subjects.
kleio
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vidn)
Hey kleio happy to see you here. I too have an offer for Msc HRM at Strathclyde Business School. I'm planning to take this course but I'm really confused, now I cannot reconcile between Strathclyde Business School and other univ offers.
Hello Vidn.Where are you from?I have offers from other 5 unis in England too but i feel that i will go with Strathclyde.I made a lot of research and everyone tells me that it is the right choice.I hope they won't be wrong.
I have to give an answer to strathclyde till the end of the week.
What the other unis that you are thinking of going?If i know something i may help you..
Allijordanx0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kleio)
You mean what subjects did i have in my bachelor or what entry requirements does Strathclyde have?
Yes
kleio
Rep:
?
(Original post by Allijordanx0)
Yes
Well i had many courses like Business Strategy,HRM,Accounting,Finance,Organisational Analysis, Information Technology Systems,Maths,Employment Law etc. However the content of Msc HRM lets you get in even if you dont have any business experience as the courses are more theoretical and you won't find any finance or accounting in your way (I think).
Hope i helped.
Vidn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Strathclyde Business School offered a place for international HRM though i applied for HRM since I'm from engineering background Strathclyde Business School said that International HRM offers basic modules and it is the one more appropriate for me. The only thing I'm worried about is International Hrm is not CIPD accredited but HRM is, so is CIPD really important in getting jobs. I have offers from best universities in the UK but none of the courses that I have been offered is CIPD accredited. I will be an international student outside EU so is CIPD gonna affect me. I would like to work in the UK temporarily for 3 to 4 months post study to gain international work experience.
kleio
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vidn)
Strathclyde Business School offered a place for international HRM though i applied for HRM since I'm from engineering background Strathclyde Business School said that International HRM offers basic modules and it is the one more appropriate for me. The only thing I'm worried about is International Hrm is not CIPD accredited but HRM is, so is CIPD really important in getting jobs. I have offers from best universities in the UK but none of the courses that I have been offered is CIPD accredited. I will be an international student outside EU so is CIPD gonna affect me. I would like to work in the UK temporarily for 3 to 4 months post study to gain international work experience.

Hmm you are right to be concerned.I live outside the UK too but from the little that i asked and heard,i understood that CIPD is important for those who want to work in the UK so i applied only to CIPD accredited courses.
For me the most important was not the accreditation exactly.But to gain this CIPD membership, i think that there are a lot of activities with them and this will help me gain more practical experience.Thats what i was looking for.
I also asked the course directior of Msc HRM about CIPD and how important it is and he gave me the following answer:
...We hope that the placement experience, learning opportunities and CIPD accreditation associated with our programme adds significantly to our students' employability. The CIPD has over 130,000 members and is hugely respected within the HR community. CIPD accreditation, and our close partnership with the CIPD and its members, are central to our programme
However if you say that non of your courses are CIpd accreditted then don't worry.There a lot of programmes which are not too.Then you can search within the CIPD site and maybe contact them to ask what can you do so as to register by yourself when you start your course and which are the rules in order to upgrade your membership.Of course you can register alone but i dont know the difference.
MariaAlex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing HRM, too! Have you already booked accommodation? Any ideas on that?
Nice to meet you all by the way
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by valie)
well i 'll do Msc HRM too.I replied some days ago but my message was rejected because i referred to a fb group for new Msc HRM 2014-2015 students.I'm sorry i didnt know the rules but i saw more than 10 posts for the freshers fb group from another student and there wasn't a problem there...i dont see this is fair but anyway.You can search for the group people or gather and know each other here.Nice to meet you all!
If you see other Facebook groups which you don't think should be allowed then you can report them using the "Report" button at the top right of every post.

Best of luck with the course!
andkl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi! Im also doing the MSc in HRM I found some groups on Facebook for HRM students at Strathclyde, but they were all old groups. Has anybody seen/made a group for this years HRM students? Also, are you able to see the information about the classes (timetables etc.) on the Pegasus-page? On my page the information is "Not yet opened for students".
Mp2b
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys! I'm doing MSc HRM starting this year as well Think I may just start a facebook group for our year, even just to get everyone together before our course actually starts! I emailed about the timetable as well and got that sent to me as I need it for work, so I can put that up there as well! Will post a link to the page after I make it
<facebook link removed by mod. Against the rules>
andkl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
[QUOTE=Mp2b;49696047]Hey guys! I'm doing MSc HRM starting this year as well Think I may just start a facebook group for our year, even just to get everyone together before our course actually starts! I emailed about the timetable as well and got that sent to me as I need it for work, so I can put that up there as well! Will post a link to the page after I make it

Good idea the Facebook link was removed from your post, but maybe we can find the group if we search for the name of the group?
Mp2b
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ooh thanks for pointing that out! If you search 'University of Strathclyde MSc HRM 2014/2015' on Facebook you should find it
Sadiaa_a
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, i cant seem to find the facebook page
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed