The Student Room Group

What should I do now

Basically my situation is that I am doing my second year of A levels and for the last five weeks now I haven't been to sixth form because I have been ill.

I have been feeling like I am going to be sick every day. It has been particularly worse in the morning when I wake up and before I go to bed. But it stays pretty much consistent during the day as well. On top of this my stomach, throat/neck and head have been really hurting, the pain has been really bad. I have lost my appetite so I haven't been eating much at all. Every time I have been eating I feel like I am going to throw up and during/ after I have eaten I have sometimes been sick. Mostly its fluid and when I got to be sick I cough a lot and make belching noises. On top of them symptoms I have also been feeling very exhausted and my ribs and back as well as my neck have been aching too.

I haven't been able to concentrate at home because I have been feeling so tired and weak basically, hence the reason that I haven't been to sixth form. I have missed a lot of work; both in terms of coursework and revision now.

I have been to the doctors 7 times now and 3 of the times were for blood tests. I have been told this week that I tested positive for a stomach bug called h.pylori and have finally been given some form of medication.

Trouble is now that school are on my case and have been asking to arrange meetings and they have asked for the work I have done. I have a meeting that I have to go to on Monday and I don't know what to do. They pretty much think that it is just stress, but it isn't. I was ill and still am, which could have resulted in me becoming stressed but I wasn't stressed to begin with. What should I do because I am completely lost and exhausted now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Go to the meeting with a doctors note? Or tell your parent to give it to them ?
Reply 2
If you've been to the doctors 7 times then you should easily be able to get a doctors note to show your school as proof. Particularly if you've tested positive for an illness.
Reply 3
Original post by Miel Purple
Go to the meeting with a doctors note? Or tell your parent to give it to them ?

Original post by crazeesurf
If you've been to the doctors 7 times then you should easily be able to get a doctors note to show your school as proof. Particularly if you've tested positive for an illness.

I have asked my doctors and they said that they don't provide notes for school because they should believe parents. They said that they would reprint out my appointment slips and they said that if I wanted a note that they come at a cost £15-£20. The doctor on Tuesday told me that if school really want one then they should pay for it.
Original post by Anonymousgirll
I have asked my doctors and they said that they don't provide notes for school because they should believe parents. They said that they would reprint out my appointment slips and they said that if I wanted a note that they come at a cost £15-£20. The doctor on Tuesday told me that if school really want one then they should pay for it.

Lmao. Profit Maximisation right there.
Original post by Anonymousgirll

Bribery at it's finest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest