The Student Room Group

Simple harmonic motion - quick help please

Hey guys

The wing of a car is pushed down with a force of 200N and the spring on the front wheel is compressed by 12mm. (Assume that only this one spring is affected.)
(a) Calculate the spring constant of the suspension spring at this wheel. (1.67×104Nm–1)
(b) Assuming each wheel is fitted with an identical spring and the mass of the car and driver is 600kg, calculate its natural frequency of oscillation. (1.67Hz)

i calculated the spring constant using f=kx,

and forquestion b i used t=2pie*SQRT(600/4(1.67*10^4)

done something wrong not getting the right answer heeeelp me
Original post by Dontay
Hey guys

The wing of a car is pushed down with a force of 200N and the spring on the front wheel is compressed by 12mm. (Assume that only this one spring is affected.)
(a) Calculate the spring constant of the suspension spring at this wheel. (1.67×104Nm–1)
(b) Assuming each wheel is fitted with an identical spring and the mass of the car and driver is 600kg, calculate its natural frequency of oscillation. (1.67Hz)

i calculated the spring constant using f=kx,

and forquestion b i used t=2pie*SQRT(600/4(1.67*10^4)

done something wrong not getting the right answer heeeelp me

I did your calculation and ended up with the correct answer, is it because you forgot to do f=1/T ?
Reply 2
Original post by jadoreétudier
I did your calculation and ended up with the correct answer, is it because you forgot to do f=1/T ?

LOL yeah forgot the 1/T, thank you :colondollar::colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest