The Student Room Group

primary education or early childhood studies

Hi I'm just looking for some advice

which course would you say is best out of the two?
to get on the primary ed course I need to pass my science gcse which I've just started revising and I have an exam in May! And as I'm working full time this is being really stressful

or early childhood studies which I have an unconditional for?

i want to travel from May-September and this can't happen if I do the science exam, what would you do?
thanks
A primary education degree will give you more prospects - you'll be able to do anything that could have done with an ECS degree, as well as working as a teacher.

Can you shorten your travel plans slightly and go after you sit the exam?
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
A primary education degree will give you more prospects - you'll be able to do anything that could have done with an ECS degree, as well as working as a teacher.

Can you shorten your travel plans slightly and go after you sit the exam?

But if I did the ecs course and did the pgce/school direct after it, wouldn't it give me the same opportunities, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lmparkerr
But if I did the ecs course and did the pgce/school direct after it, wouldn't it give me the same opportunities, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed it would - but spending an extra year on education just so that you can spend a few extra weeks travelling this summer seems a little odd. Anyway, even for a PGCE you'd still have to get a C in your science GCSE (and maths and English, if you haven't already).
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
Indeed it would - but spending an extra year on education just so that you can spend a few extra weeks travelling this summer seems a little odd. Anyway, even for a PGCE you'd still have to get a C in your science GCSE (and maths and English, if you haven't already).

I already have C in maths and English and the equivalent in science is just the university doesn't except that qualification, which other universities would. And it's not just about the travelling is about not having enough time (1/half months) to revise for an exam when I'm working 40+ hours a week, it just isn't do-able

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending