JamRose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I would like to go on this Cambodia Camp Expedition Summer 2015. It's a great opportunity as it would mean I would contribute building school classrooms and facilities, also improve education for children there. This trip cost £3,480. My parents aren't too keen in paying for all of it, so I am wondering if I could do some fundraising? Does anyone have any ideas/activities/events that would be popular for fundraising?
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Amounts like that have been raised via fundraising. Have you talked to your school / etc to see if they can help at all?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JamRose)
It's a great opportunity as it would mean I would contribute building school classrooms and facilities
Are these the same 'contributions' whereby they get a load of inexperienced young adults to attempt building works which are then having to be torn down and rebuilt overnight by the actual tradesmen?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22294205

Why not voulenteer here and donate the £3,480 to a charity organisation which could pay for professionals in Cambodia?
Colourful_Cobra
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is there a group of you from school wanting to do it? If so you could ask your schools permission to do sponsored car washes of staff on a lunch time and if you have a free last period you could go around the car park and ask if parents want their cars cleaned.

You could also organise a charity fundraising night through school and get letters sent to all parents. You could have a quiz night with some games, put food on (something simple pie and chips or a curry). Also, perhaps you could write to local businesses to see if they have anything they wish to sponsor, or your local rugby and football club for mechandise or even ask your teachers if they can provided a pledge (my headteacher said he would give up his position and a sixth former pledge to be head for the day)

You could potentially do a 'slave auction' where so many older students pledge their services for the day or half day or around lunch times. This raised an awful lot of money at my school as younger pupils pledged a lot of money (a group of people paid £125 for one person who they described as 'hot') for the 'slaves' so they could have mcdonalds on a lunch time.

Then there is the usual bun cakes, sponsored runs/bike rides etc, guess the name of the teddy bear, raffles

Hope this helps
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
having done fundraising myself I'll tell you now that that amount is not easy to raise at all unless you have a very generous family! I would get a job to get you some extra money towards it then start doing things like pub quizzes, bake sales etc and write to lots of companies/groups and ask for donations
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.64%
No (649)
65.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed