The Student Room Group

Help with gcse history

COuld someone make a checklist for everything i need to cover to get an a* in gcse history from the following 3 topics, medicine through time, nazi germany,sugery
Original post by Zayde
COuld someone make a checklist for everything i need to cover to get an a* in gcse history from the following 3 topics, medicine through time, nazi germany,sugery

Your basically asking for the specification.Go on your exam boards webite, search your course and they will have a list of everything you need to know
Original post by Zayde

Cram every semi-relevant fact into your answers and you will be fine.
Also you don't need to learn everything about ever exact date, just be aware of it roughly, in the exam if they give you a date you should just relate to what you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Zayde

I'm doing Medicine Through Time and Nazi Germany but the Black Death instead of Surgery (OCR course). For medicine just go through each different period in time, so Prehistoric, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Middle Ages, Renaissance, and then the Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Medicine: Fighting Disease, Surgery and Public Health. For my mocks in January I made a A4 sized mindmap for each of the topics mentioned above and I got an A (1 mark off an A*). For Germany I just read the textbook.

The Nazi Germany topics are: Was the Weimar Republic doomed from the start?, How was Hitler able to come to power?, The Nazi Regime: How effectively did the Nazis control Germany (1933-1945)? and The Nazi Regime: What was it like to live in Nazi Germany?. And for this I'm making notes from my revision guide.

I'm using the 'my revision notes, OCR (A), Schools History Project' revision guide (its white with a picture of a green roman head on it). It's really helpful and splits the course up really well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/history/mwh/germany/

This link splits up the Nazi Germany topic better than I did.

Hope this has helped and good luck!
Reply 5
thank you people

Quick Reply

Latest