~amethyst~
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What a level's do you need to do medicine at leeds? And do you have to take any other tests? like UCAT or BMAT?
University of Leeds
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi

Our entry requirements for the Medicine and Surgery MBChB course are:

GCSEs: a substantial number of GCSE passes, at a high standard. Minimum of 6 GCSE Grade B, to include English, Mathematics, and either Dual Science or Chemistry and Biology.

A-Levels: AAA including Chemistry. General Studies and Critical Thinking are not accepted. The following combinations are not acceptable: Chemistry with Biology and Human Biology or Chemistry with Maths and Further Maths. There are no other restrictions on subjects. Those studying a fourth subjects to A-Level are not at an advantage to those studying three.

Aptitude Tests: You will need to sit the UKCAT. We do not operate a "cut-off threshold" below which we would not consider an application; instead we take it into account alongside your previous and predicted academic performance, personal statement and reference. You can find out more about the test, along with preparation advice and practice tests at the UKCAT web site http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/.

I hope that helps!

Amanda
~amethyst~
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot, but one question when you said it's not acceptable for chemistry with biology and chemistry with maths, what do you mean? I'm taking chemistry, biology, maths and psychology at as-level right now, so it's not possible for me to get in?
University of Leeds
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No - your combination is okay. I was referring to the following combinations:

Chemistry, Biology, Human Biology

or

Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths

Your combination of Chemistry, Biology, maths and Psychology (or Chemistry with any other two of those continued to A-Level) is fine

Amanda
~amethyst~
Rep:
?
Okay thanks for clearing that up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise