Revolutionizer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am stuck on options for what to do after my A -Levels, I'm still in secondary school.

GCES PREDICTIONS:
BUSINESS STUDIES-B
ENGLISH-B
GEOGRAPHY-A
HISTORY-B
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY-B/C
MATHEMATICS-B
PHYSICAL EDUCATION-MERIT
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION-B/A
SCIENCE: CORE - C, ADDITIONAL - B/A

A levels -
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Maths
^^^ definitely doing biology, and chemistry, stuck between maths and psychology -

I have looked into Psychology Bsc and all that but they don't lead to good careers, I am interested in dental hygiene and therapy, but I don't know what else I can do.
AE96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're comfortable with maths and enjoy it, take that because it'll leave so many doors open for you later in uni.

But make sure you take subjects you enjoy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Revolutionizer)
I am stuck on options for what to do after my A -Levels, I'm still in secondary school.

GCES PREDICTIONS:
BUSINESS STUDIES-B
ENGLISH-B
GEOGRAPHY-A
HISTORY-B
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY-B/C
MATHEMATICS-B
PHYSICAL EDUCATION-MERIT
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION-B/A
SCIENCE: CORE - C, ADDITIONAL - B/A

A levels -
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Maths
^^^ definitely doing biology, and chemistry, stuck between maths and psychology -

I have looked into Psychology Bsc and all that but they don't lead to good careers, I am interested in dental hygiene and therapy, but I don't know what else I can do.
You could do most science or healthcare-based degrees with those options- medicine, biomedical sciences, forensic science, biological sciences, environmental science, neuroscience, natural sciences, psychology, pharmacy, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology... If you get the grades there is loads of stuff you could do with them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maths could open a lot of doors for you and with 2 sciences you could do biological sciences, pharmacology, neuroscience, natural sciences etc and I think with any science degree you can do forensic science
RHCPfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would take maths over psychology but depends if you like it or not.
Revolutionizer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by RHCPfan)
I would take maths over psychology but depends if you like it or not.
Hard to decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EverybodyHertz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can take psychology forward as an excuse for English? It'll keep your English skills up to scratch

Within Psychology you'd be learning about the human mind and body (which is essential for therapy) and writing essays, similar to English were you do write essays and all but it comes down to preference.
Biology and psychology go nicely together but you can drop Psychology at an AS.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by furryface12)
You could do most science or healthcare-based degrees with those options- medicine, biomedical sciences, forensic science, biological sciences, environmental science, neuroscience, natural sciences, psychology, pharmacy, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology... If you get the grades there is loads of stuff you could do with them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree.
And maths opens a lot of doors for you. You could also go onto something like a pgce and teaching.
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
I agree.
And maths opens a lot of doors for you. You could also go onto something like a pgce and teaching.
Yep, exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Farah_786
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Check on university websites for a certain course
RHCPfan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Revolutionizer)
Hard to decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say it opens more options up for you. Maybe write a list of pros and cons for the two of them. The main thing is that you don't pick maths because you think it sounds better, you'll hate it if you don't enjoy it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads