The Student Room Group

Scallies

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
and what is with the caps under hoodies look and the 'lets tuck our socks into our trousers coz then we'll look tough' hmm........ do they think tht they look gd wen they r all the same - caps, hoodies, trackies tuckd into socks
Reply 21
i have grown into my ripe old age by calling them kevs for my whole life. i am not going to stop now
Reply 22
Are there any of the disposition reading this that could fight the townie cause?
Reply 23
jaron
Are there any of the disposition reading this that could fight the townie cause?

They've always been townies/pikeys to me, but I like ned/chav too.
Reply 24
round these parts, they're called 'skanks'

...lovely
Reply 25
Gimp
They've always been townies/pikeys to me, but I like ned/chav too.

Are there any of them talking on these boards though?
Reply 26
jaron
Are there any of them talking on these boards though?

Of course not. That would be un-chav-ly.
Reply 27
GeneralGrievous
kevs and daves

How about totally useless scum?!:wink:
chavscum.co.uk - quality site with quality CHAV's
Charva's/Charver's - Depending on accent. :wink: on Tyneside.
Reply 30
Definitely chavs - especially with the bling-bling hooped earrings and hair scraped back.. I've heard that the hair style is also called the 'essex face-lift' (apologies to all the nice UKL people from essex!)
Reply 31
Latest look for chav girls is denim mini with flesh colour tights and flat beige boots. Unfortunately some forget the tights and seem to think that chunky winter pink thighs look better.
Still i think people are a bit harsh on them. Its not as though theyve set themselves up as a group like grebos or goths or skinheads back in the day, theyre just working class people who havent got much money to spend on clothes or much dress sense and they just feel more secure wearing the same clothes as their friends
Reply 32
smaug
theyre just working class people who havent got much money to spend on clothes or much dress sense and they just feel more secure wearing the same clothes as their friends

Burberry isn't cheap you know :smile:
Reply 33
Gimp
Burberry isn't cheap you know :smile:

True but it works out pretty cheap 'per wear' if you wear it everyday :wink:
Reply 34
piginapoke
I don't think many of the scallies in the parts I frequent can afford it. They all seem to be attired in Henri Lloyd-lookalike hooped tops, with perfectly white no-brand trainers, and a variety of cheap tracksuit bottoms. Even the scallies in the north are scummier than those dahn sarf :wink:
hehe :wink:

i cant work out if that burberry car i posted ^^ is a photoshop job or is for real :smile: what do you think?
Acaila
They're always neds up here.

in edinburgh we refer to them as schemes/schemies more.
Known as townies and skallies round here, there are lots of them so it helps having different names for different types.

Townies tend to like the whole image/music/clothes, whereas skallies enjoy stealing, smashing, fighting and other such yobbish activities :rolleyes:

No-one i know calls them pikey's, usuall troublesome travellers are called that, like in the film Snatch :smile:
Reply 37
Geogger
I've heard that the hair style is also called the 'essex face-lift' (apologies to all the nice UKL people from essex!)

*sigh*
Oh, the shame of coming from Essex!
:frown:

Oh, and we call them townies or simply "idiots", but I've also heard them called pikeys.
rednirt
yeah, its chavs or pikeys... its amazing how they seem to have a definate dress code isn't it? lol

I've never heard people use pikey in that fashion. You've actually mis-used it.
Pikey is in reference to lanky black haired people that are generally Gypos. They're the ones who steal the lawnmowers, hedgetrimmer etc from your garage, and end up on the wrong end of a 12 bore shotgun :smile:
J
Reply 39
foolfarian
I've never heard people use pikey in that fashion. You've actually mis-used it.
Pikey is in reference to lanky black haired people that are generally Gypos. They're the ones who steal the lawnmowers, hedgetrimmer etc from your garage, and end up on the wrong end of a 12 bore shotgun :smile:
J

Pikey can be used for either round here.

Latest

Trending

Trending