The Student Room Group

Chemistry Help Please!

Its a titration between a week acid and a base and you are making the weak acid solution :
Why is it important that the dilute solution of equilibrium question is made accurately? If you overshoot 250cm3 point on your volumetric flask, suggest what effect this would have on KC?
I think this would increase kc

Buttttt... why is that that during your titration if you use water to make sure any thing remaining at the side on your beaker is included in the titration - doesn't have an effect on kc or anything else?

If you get what I mean?
Reply 1
Original post by Daryaa1
Its a titration between a week acid and a base and you are making the weak acid solution :
Why is it important that the dilute solution of equilibrium question is made accurately? If you overshoot 250cm3 point on your volumetric flask, suggest what effect this would have on KC?
I think this would increase kc

Buttttt... why is that that during your titration if you use water to make sure any thing remaining at the side on your beaker is included in the titration - doesn't have an effect on kc or anything else?

If you get what I mean?

so acid is in the burette and you want to neutralise a base? what's kc sorry?
Reply 2
Original post by em123xxx
so acid is in the burette and you want to neutralise a base? what's kc sorry?

No no you're neutralising a weak acid
and Kc is equilibrium constant
Reply 3
Original post by Daryaa1
No no you're neutralising a weak acid
and Kc is equilibrium constant

Sorry, I'm really not sure !
Reply 4
Original post by Daryaa1
Why is it important that the dilute solution of equilibrium question is made accurately?

I really tried - but I have no idea what you are saying here.
Reply 5
if u go over the 250 mark, your volume of solution will be inaccurate; the concentration will be reduced too. this will affect your calculation results...

Quick Reply

Latest