The Student Room Group

Maths helpppp!!!

I got a D in maths so now I'm retaking and I'm working at a C+ ... Is it possible for me to get an A or a B by june? Any advice? Thanks!
Reply 1
Of course there is :smile: what do you have trouble with the most?
If you're doing the higher paper then it's most certainly possible :smile:

Lat year in Maths I got an A however I'm resitting it this year as I'd like to go for an A*. My key to getting an A in year 10 was to constantly do past papers - honestly, they're very useful. What I'd also do before you do them however is find your weak topic; I found I was strong with algebra but weak with histograms, cumulative frequency etc.

If you really would like the A, possibly get a tutor or after-school help from your teacher.

Best of look on your exam
Reply 3
Original post by Its_Tito
Of course there is :smile: what do you have trouble with the most?

Most things ahah, maths is my worst subject! It's the non calculator paper that I'm terrible at. But I do have a lot to learn since I don't even know the sine & cosine rule, vectors, etc- all that A grade stuff :frown: In my last mock I was 3 marks away from a B !! I got 50 marks on the calculator paper but 37 on the non-calculator.
Reply 4
Original post by jake4198
If you're doing the higher paper then it's most certainly possible :smile:

Lat year in Maths I got an A however I'm resitting it this year as I'd like to go for an A*. My key to getting an A in year 10 was to constantly do past papers - honestly, they're very useful. What I'd also do before you do them however is find your weak topic; I found I was strong with algebra but weak with histograms, cumulative frequency etc.

If you really would like the A, possibly get a tutor or after-school help from your teacher.

Best of look on your exam

Yes I'm doing higher :biggrin:, I have done many past papers yet I still don't understand most topics; I still have a lot to learn and my non-calculator skills are awful. Thank you & best of luck to you too :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by RelentlessAK
Most things ahah, maths is my worst subject! It's the non calculator paper that I'm terrible at. But I do have a lot to learn since I don't even know the sine & cosine rule, vectors, etc- all that A grade stuff :frown: In my last mock I was 3 marks away from a B !! I got 50 marks on the calculator paper but 37 on the non-calculator.

Best way to go about it is past papers really, practice makes perfect in maths...my average is 90 in both so if you ever need any help with questions feel free to ask :smile: I'm in year 10, but got put forward for the test a year early so I've learned all the stuff you don't know yet too
Reply 6
I found it useful to go through my whole textbook and my own written work doing revision cards on the main points then the questions at the end of that topic to see if I understood and if I did not I would make a bank on my computer from all different past papers on questions on that topic. This helped me to achieve a high B grade. Make sure you ask your teacher on things you are stuck on as this helped me from a D to a B!! Good luck
there are these CDs called MathsWatch. They're really helpful and go through every topic from G to A*
Yeah, a guy at my school got D in the mocks but then he got an A* in the actual exam

Quick Reply

Latest