Catered or self catered?

Watch this thread
corrgeorgia
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I can't decide whether I should go for catered or self catered for first year?

Honest opinions of catered would be great!!
elliecbicknell
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Self catered!!! Im self catered in butler, and theres no chance I would go catered, love the freedom of cooking what you want when you want. And if you dont feel like cooking you can go and eat in the catered bits!!! Heard so many bad feelings towarss the food aswell, I would avoid it!
llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I've been both catered and self-catered and Holloway, and I think I'd lean towards being self-catered (especially for first year, at least). The catered food isn't great and it is nice to have the flexibility of being able to eat whenever you want. However, there are certainly advantages to being catered as a finalist, I found, just in terms of saving time when work piles up, but as a fresher self-catered might be more suitable.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Self catered, much more freedom for what you want to eat. I'd hate to have just a few options like in the dinner queue at school.
3vo
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Anyone know if there are any rules against me to putting a mini fridge in my room?
llacerta
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 3vo)
Anyone know if there are any rules against me to putting a mini fridge in my room?
You're technically not allowed, and if the university finds it they can ask you to remove it, and they can possibly give you a fine. However, I had friends who kept a mini fridge in their room and didn't get caught (though they had to hide it for room inspections) so it's up to you really.
3vo
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by llacerta)
You're technically not allowed, and if the university finds it they can ask you to remove it, and they can possibly give you a fine. However, I had friends who kept a mini fridge in their room and didn't get caught (though they had to hide it for room inspections) so it's up to you really.
Wow, really? Thats a shame.

Do you find the fridges in the kitchen are large enough for everyone?
Is there any particular way there divided? e.g. one shelf each.
llacerta
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 3vo)

I found that there was enough space, and yes, it was usually a case of one shelf per person (though whether your flatmates actually stick to that is another matter, haha).
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 3vo)

In my accommodation there isn't enough space for everyone realistically in the fridge and freezer, when looking for accommodation it may say how many fridge/ freezers are available. Ours is only one between 6 people so we don't even get a shelf each so it can be hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
42.07%
The paper was reasonable (214)
43.5%
Not feeling great about that exam... (45)
9.15%
It was TERRIBLE (26)
5.28%

Watched Threads