The Student Room Group

A2 Physics stretch and challenge questions.

Does any body have any stretch and challenge question like the eons that may come up in OCR A A2 physics? I'm fairly confident in getting an A but I really don't want to miss t on an A*. Alternatively, could someone tell me the topics I should really hammer, like the ones that are usually the stretch and challenge question?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
E&M are probably the only relatively difficult questions they can ask.

If you really want harder questions you'll probably have to get a more advanced text.
Reply 3
Original post by alow

If you really want harder questions you'll probably have to get a more advanced text.

Ok thanks, I need to go over EM again anyway. I missed a couple of lessons of it and never did it at school so it kind of went over my head. I can do the questions and stuff I just don't fully understand it.
Reply 4
Original post by alow

When you started doing past papers in preparation for exams, what sort of scores were you getting?
Reply 5
Original post by JackNorman
When you started doing past papers in preparation for exams, what sort of scores were you getting?

Mid 80s mostly. 95-100 by the end.
Reply 6
Original post by alow
Mid 80s mostly. 95-100 by the end.

Alright thanks mate. Well done by the way. It's a coup,e of months til my exams and I've been getting 85-90, but I'm marking them myself so probably a bit generous with some marks, hoping to get up to near 100 by the time exams come, that way I should decidedly be getting at least 90 when it comes to the exam. I'm leaving the second units until we finish them in class, probably about 2-3 weeks, before I start doing past papers for them, does that leave me enough time do you think?
Reply 7
Alright thanks mate. Well done by the way. It's a coup,e of months til my exams and I've been getting 85-90, but I'm marking them myself so probably a bit generous with some marks, hoping to get up to near 100 by the time exams come, that way I should decidedly be getting at least 90 when it comes to the exam. I'm leaving the second units until we finish them in class, probably about 2-3 weeks, before I start doing past papers for them, does that leave me enough time do you think?

Yeah that should be more than enough time.
Reply 8
Original post by alow

Yeah that should be more than enough time.

Did you by any chance do M3 in maths?
Reply 9
Did you by any chance do M3 in maths?

I'm sitting it this June :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by alow
I'm sitting it this June :smile:

How are you finding it? I'm going try and self teach it over the summer, and sit in on the lessons next year, because at my college they do it in A2 further maths, but I'll only be doing AS, but I want to do at least 2 mechanics modules. Does A2 physics help with it at all? I heard there quite a bit of crossover.
thanks
Reply 11
How are you finding it? I'm going try and self teach it over the summer, and sit in on the lessons next year, because at my college they do it in A2 further maths, but I'll only be doing AS, but I want to do at least 2 mechanics modules. Does A2 physics help with it at all? I heard there quite a bit of crossover.
thanks

It's not that bad. A2 physics really doesn't help whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest