Zayde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey could someone tell me what i need to know for each novel and poem for my English literature exam, eg. like do i need to know the themes. i really dont know what i should be learn about each text
charlotteyes
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's lots online. I'm studying of mice and men right now in English literature, if you search ''of mice and men themes'' or overview or analysis, lots of stuff comes up, there also this guy on youtube called Mr bruffs who makes videos on the english literature topics and goes into depth.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zayde)
Hey could someone tell me what i need to know for each novel and poem for my English literature exam, eg. like do i need to know the themes. i really dont know what i should be learn about each text
As the poster above mentioned, Mr Bruff is absolutely outstanding. I got full marks in English Literature thanks to him.
Aylish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zayde)
Yes you do need to know themes, Theirs several books out their revision guides which help with your eng lit revision. I recommend reading the books and poem over and over again, analyzing them as you read them, take notes.

The themes
The characters
The setting
The era it was set in
And the author
and so on

For the poem you dont know what-it will be so any poem will do for revision.

The book i studied was of mice and men
the play i studied was one set in Liverpool in the 70's. I cant remember what it was called of the top of my head. i just remember the lead character was called mrs johnston.
and then an unknown poem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34%
No (493)
66%

Watched Threads