The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography A - case study

Hi everyone,

I'm a rookie to TSR and in Year 11.

Firstly I was just thinking, is there actually any need to revise the causes for the case study questions.

I haven't come across a question like that. Has anyone seen a question asking the causes???

Thanks
Original post by loooolo12345
Hi everyone,

I'm a rookie to TSR and in Year 11.

Firstly I was just thinking, is there actually any need to revise the causes for the case study questions.

I haven't come across a question like that. Has anyone seen a question asking the causes???

Thanks

Same here ! I have done past papers and to be honest... Its worthless memorising the causes! Also, you don't need to measure the dates aswell :L
you would have already revised for the causes in another part of that unit, so you wouldn't need to memorise it as it would just be common sense
for example, if you had a case study for a volcano eruption, within that unit you would already have learnt in general what causes volcanoes,
the only thing you would need, is the locational info as that could be important and its a good way to start of an 8 mark answer instead of just rushing into it
Reply 3
I came into the exam with no knowledge of the case studies or pretty much anything at all, got a decent grade. Although I wouldn't suggest you do this and actually revise for GCSEs no matter what subject. It'll help a lot when it comes to revising in A levels(if you choose to go down this path) since revision is something you need to get used to in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest