BryonyG98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was wondering, if anyone had any tips for learning the Latin Set Texts, I got a D in my Latin Mock purely because I struggled to learn the texts. However my teacher assures me that I should be getting atleast an A if I can get a grasp of them. So yeah... any tips very welcome!
icecreamcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OMG I seriously need some help too! What texts are you doing? (I'm assuming that you're doing OCR..?)
Bazbaz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BryonyG98)
I was wondering, if anyone had any tips for learning the Latin Set Texts, I got a D in my Latin Mock purely because I struggled to learn the texts. However my teacher assures me that I should be getting atleast an A if I can get a grasp of them. So yeah... any tips very welcome!
Latin set texts are the bane of my life omg

I make flash cards and carry them around with me everywhere ( I am past the point of caring about public appearances) and just read through them, I also quote bits at my family and friends randomly...

Also memorise a few sentences and phrases (and what they mean!) that will be relevant for the 10 and 8 markers, at the end of the day translation is only 5 marks from the papers, its far better to have a good understanding of the texts and have a list of stylistic points memorised than memorising all of the set texts word for word.. well thats what I do anyway, and I'm on an A (need an A* for A-level but anyhow)
BryonyG98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by strawberrysnow)
OMG I seriously need some help too! What texts are you doing? (I'm assuming that you're doing OCR..?)
We are doing Aeneid for verse, sagae thessalae and regulus for prose
Lokiofasgard
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Understanding the story helps, reading it in english gives you a good sense of this. It's just mainly about going over it over and over again. plus it's really a short term memory thing.

Verse: The Aeneid

Prose: The corruption and cruelty of Verres and Cleomenes, Scaevola and Cloelia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.49%
No (413)
66.51%

Watched Threads