The Student Room Group

Psychology (PSYA1) - Tuesday 13th May 2014 - PM

Hey guys. I thought we could use this thread for discussions leading up to the AQA psya 1 exam.
Likewise I have made a seperate thread for psya2: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2636225

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone got any revision tips, notes or anything useful for this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by spanishovenfork
Hey guys. I thought we could use this thread for discussions leading up to the psya 1 exam.
Likewise I have made a seperate thread for psya2: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2636225

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posting to subscribe to this thread:tongue:
I don't know if this will be a help to anyone, but I've started a blog where I type all my revision notes because it helps me to remember everything and I can easily read them on the go on my phone, ipad etc...
Hopefully, there will be notes on Psychology, Biology, English Lit and History, but I don't know how much I'll do yet.
http://dontstressrevision.blogspot.co.uk/
I hope it helps someone out :smile:
Reply 4
How's everyone finding the course? What are your predictions on the longer questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by timilin
How's everyone finding the course? What are your predictions on the longer questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm finding it pretty easy.
I did psychology at GCSE and so I already knew alot about this module, and research methods and how to write an evaluation ect.

I honestly have no clue about the 12 marker tho
If anyone could provide me with notes on the Social Psychology topic, I'd highly appreciate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well last years 12 mark question was on Cross Cultural Variations and the 8 mark question was on age & ewt. It's hard to predict what the long one will be
Predictions for 12 marker anyone?
Reply 9
I reckon probably memory, maybe factors affecting eye witness testimony for 12 marker?
12 markers for the last three papers have been on attachments, so surely memory?

Could there be a 12 marker on cognitive interview? or maybe misleading questions on EWT
surely if the 8 marker last year was EWT then they wouldn't do it for the 12 marker this year? or at least i hope not, thats the one i really struggle with:frown:
Original post by florencemay
surely if the 8 marker last year was EWT then they wouldn't do it for the 12 marker this year? or at least i hope not, thats the one i really struggle with:frown:

Yeah, there are all 3 different answers that can fit. I recommend getting Saj's book @ Loopa.com, really helped me out a lot on them ones.
is it worth it this close to the exam though?
We did a 12 mark plan in class for a 12 marker on EWT if anyone wants me to post it on here? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
We did a 12 mark plan in class for a 12 marker on EWT if anyone wants me to post it on here? :smile:

Pig
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes please!
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

definitly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by itsJasmineHey
I don't know if this will be a help to anyone, but I've started a blog where I type all my revision notes because it helps me to remember everything and I can easily read them on the go on my phone, ipad etc...
Hopefully, there will be notes on Psychology, Biology, English Lit and History, but I don't know how much I'll do yet.
http://dontstressrevision.blogspot.co.uk/
I hope it helps someone out :smile:

I'm doing 3 of your 4 subjects, I'll definitely be looking at your blog ^_^
great you started this blog, im getting too stressed coming closer tot he exams.currently revising for PSY1 but there are too many to remember! is it just me or everyone has same issue. i am not even going into the PSY2 which are even more to try and remember. I am putting a lot of effort into it as i do want to get an A but i am still getting stressed each time i see how much i have to cover in my revision. any feedback please?
Hey, i know how you feel, I'm aiming for an A as well and the struggle is actually real. Dx my advice is chunk it all up. I've been doing that so far and it helps a lot! You may think that you have a lot to know but it's not that much when you chunk it up into bits and you remember more than you actually think you do!

Quick Reply

Latest