The Student Room Group

Psychology (PSYA2) - Tuesday 20th May 2014 - PM

Hey guys. I thought I would make a thread for discussions building up to AQA psya 2 exam.

Likewise I have made a seperate thread for psya1 : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2636223

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Posting to subscribe to this thread:biggrin:
Reply 2
Hey guys, has anybody got any revision notes on this unit? :smile:
Reply 3
hey is anyone taking edexcel psychology unit2 i cant seem to find the thread pllzzzz help😭
Reply 4
is anyone doing edexcel psychology unit 2 i cant seem to find the thread for it :frown:((((
Original post by macey90
is anyone doing edexcel psychology unit 2 i cant seem to find the thread for it :frown:((((

Sorry this is for AQA exam board :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I know nothing... and am failing at revision... aaaaaah :banghead:
I'm in my third year and I am resitting this exam because I was one mark off an A over all -.- BUT I need help, I have no notes!

Can anyone tell me the variations of Asch's study? I vaguely remember there one about black prisoners? I can't remember the study or the name of the researcher! Help would be appreciated :smile:
I'm bricking it! hahahaha. Unit 1 is easy however unit 2... :eek: Gonna be interesting! But i underestimated the amount of revision this subject requires!!!! But head is spinning from the knowledge of this crap. And after the exams straight away apparently we move right onto A2 stuff which fills me even more of joy.
Can someone please post some revision notes? Thanks.
Hi everyone

Revision notes I'm writing up from my notes and revision book are here:

as-psyc1.tumblr.com
as-psyc2.tumblr.com

(add /archive at the end if you wanna search faster)

it should be completed by the end of the week. Good luck!! And y'all better start revising now.. only a month left
Original post by lucindaellaaa
I'm in my third year and I am resitting this exam because I was one mark off an A over all -.- BUT I need help, I have no notes!

Can anyone tell me the variations of Asch's study? I vaguely remember there one about black prisoners? I can't remember the study or the name of the researcher! Help would be appreciated :smile:

The variations I learned last year were when there was an allie that agreed with the participant, when the participant could write down their answer and when the number of confederates were reduced. All of them resulted in a lower conformity rate
To everyone looking for unit 2 notes btw: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1664763

I don't have a link for unit 1, so you're probably going to have to find notes for it
Reply 13
Does anyone have any predictions for the 12 marker ?? what topic it might be on
Original post by hahachic

Last years was life changes & daily hassles. So we can count that one out haha. But there's a range of 12 markers that could be asked in Unit 2 :/
Original post by mynameisntbobk
The variations I learned last year were when there was an allie that agreed with the participant, when the participant could write down their answer and when the number of confederates were reduced. All of them resulted in a lower conformity rate

That's not the one I was after, the one I was after was Perrin and Spencer, who did 3 variations with English Uni Students, Young Offenders and their Guards as conderates, and west indian males with white confederates! :')
Thankyou anyways :smile:)

Original post by Husnara_a
Last years was life changes & daily hassles. So we can count that one out haha. But there's a range of 12 markers that could be asked in Unit 2 :/

The last few exam papers (from jan 2011) have been Psychodynamic Approach to Abnormality, Independent Behaviour, Stress Management, Conformity, Behavioural Approach to Abnormality, and Daily Hassles.

So I believe the 12 marker will be Biological Explanations to Abnormality, OR I reckon it will be on Behavioural Therapies, I don't reckon they'll ask one from Social Influence, as Conformity and Independent behaviour are such wide areas for a 12 marker and won't be used again. However, I also think there will be a chance that life changes will be there, if not a 12, a 8 (as it was in june 2012, the exam I sat). That is my predictions any who! :smile: (I love predicting, I predicted all of PSYA3 june 2013 questions correctly wooo)

"Students did not find this an easy essay question. Many students confused the way the social
readjustment rating scale (SRRS) was constructed and developed with the way it has been used,
for example, in the Rahe et al study. Other students simply combined everything they knew and
presented it as if it were one study. Most of the evaluation was not tailored to the question. It was
generic and repetitive: simply saying that each study lacked population validity does not provide an
effective evaluation. It was also disappointing that few students made use of all the research into
daily hassles. This was a shame as it could have been used as a route to developing evaluation
(AO2), as a natural progression from the SRRS. A small minority of students confused these
sources of stress with stress in the workplace and consequently gained little, if any, credit. "

This is the examiners report on the last 12 marker, a lot of exam boards reuse questions from the year before, so I reckon this will definitely be in the paper in some form, such as the 8 marker :smile:
Oh wow, It definitely wasn't the best answered question. There's bound to be a question on it then, haha.
Oh wow, It definitely wasn't the best answered question. There's bound to be a question on it then, haha.

I think it is quite a hard one to answer personally, as it's easy to get the SRRS confused with studies etc! I bet there will be a question on this somewhere though :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest