The Student Room Group

Extended project comparing 1839 Afghanistan invasion and 2003?

Right now I'm reading up on the 1839 Afghanistan invasion, and for EPQ I thought I could compare that to the more recent one.

I would be doing it externally so have 6000 words to play with.

If you have done EPQ would you say this is a good idea?
There are actually quite a lot of non-bs comparisons and I thought it would be quite interesting.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by zimbo97
Right now I'm reading up on the 1839 Afghanistan invasion, and for EPQ I thought I could compare that to the more recent one.

There are actually quite a lot of non-bs comparisons and I thought it would be quite interesting.

It sounds quite a good idea. Make sure you get yourself to a library and obtain some books on the subject, and documentaries if you can find some.

Google it first to see how many websites have compared the two - and see how much information you can find on it all. If there isn't much consider something else, but if you find lots of information then it's fine.
Original post by zimbo97

I agree with Tilly, join the British Library (http://www.bl.uk/) they have tons of resources which are bound to be helpful, and you can try the KCL library too (http://www.kcl.ac.uk/library/index.aspx) I used it a LOT during my EPQ, but mine was more science-based so resources were much easier to gather.

Also, these libraries require you to fill out a membership form send it through post, so you can talk in your report how you acted "actively" to get the best resources XD

Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending