The Student Room Group

Cringe I know

Honestly like(love) a certain girl so much. But she's in a relationship now, we'd talk 24/7 even at the start of her relationship, until I told her we shouldn't talk anymore...somehow I keep failing not to talk to her. The flirtyness has died a bit due to the relationship but it is still there.

Well she gets jealous when I associate with other girls...which frustrates me because I just want her and I can't. Like if you was in a relationship with someone how can you have feelings for someone else. What the bloody hell do I do? Delete from my life altogether? I want to tell her how it is but I don't want to break a relationship for my own sake.

I've made her sound like a right b..... But she isn't, I don't know a nicer girl. I'm just really mad about her.😬

This is kinda my last resort posting online for advice, I'm not usually like this ok. I don't get into relationships easy(currently had zero), as I don't see anything in a relationship I'm not sure of only to probably subsequently leave them nor have I ever wanted one until now. But I think she's the one. All this is rather cringe I know, I'm currently falling off my chair with cringeness.
Reply 1
I don't see why you should stop talking to her. Just because she has a boyfriend now doesn't mean she can't have other male friends. It sounds like you get along well, so if you can suppress your romantic feelings for her, it shouldn't be a problem. If you really love her, perhaps it would be better to get it off your chest. Does she currently know you like her?
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly like(love) a certain girl so much. But she's in a relationship now, we'd talk 24/7 even at the start of her relationship, until I told her we shouldn't talk anymore...somehow I keep failing not to talk to her. The flirtyness has died a bit due to the relationship but it is still there.

Well she gets jealous when I associate with other girls...which frustrates me because I just want her and I can't. Like if you was in a relationship with someone how can you have feelings for someone else. What the bloody hell do I do? Delete from my life altogether? I want to tell her how it is but I don't want to break a relationship for my own sake.

I've made her sound like a right b..... But she isn't, I don't know a nicer girl. I'm just really mad about her.😬

This is kinda my last resort posting online for advice, I'm not usually like this ok. I don't get into relationships easy(currently had zero), as I don't see anything in a relationship I'm not sure of only to probably subsequently leave them nor have I ever wanted one until now. But I think she's the one. All this is rather cringe I know, I'm currently falling off my chair with cringeness.

She's using you. Should have asked her out before she got taken.

Also you're not in love. Infatuation is the word.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

I want to say tell her your issues politely so you can both overcome this but I know it's easier said than done plus she may take it the wrong way... but don't give up on her! I know you can't really flirt with her bc she's in a relationship but just stay by her as a friend at least :smile: I don't understand why she gets angry at you talking to other girls tho; and don't put yourself down, I bet there are other girls out there that you don't know who you'll feel the same feelings for :smile:
Honestly like(love) a certain girl so much.

That's a beautifully understated use of brackets!

Don't get too crazy here. You talk about her being The One. Trust me, that's a judgement you can only make once you're together (and ideally after having been with others too) - at this stage a lot of it will be projection since people behave very peculiarly in romantic relationships.

I think you should let her know how you feel. That will at least make sense of why you can't talk to her. Also explain that it's painful being friends with someone you care about who is with someone else. She'd have to have a heart of stone not to sympathise.

Another option is to play the long game: get even friendlier with her and move in should her current relationship not work out (which, frankly, is even more likely if you're monopolising her). However I'd caution against that since a) it's not very nice thing to do and b) I don't think you could really pull it off properly.

Your last paragraph contains a convoluted sentence about how you haven't dated because you only want to do it if there's a strong likelihood it'll go somewhere. I suggest that in the future this is a philosophy you should jettison. The whole point of dating is to see what feelings develop and just because a relationship doesn't last forever doesn't mean it wasn't worth having. Relationships are risky and involve exposing ourselves to a lot of potential pain. But the upside definitely outweighs this and I believe if things don't work out with this girl, you'd be wrong to isolate yourself from other women.
Reply 5
Original post by The Lord
I don't see why you should stop talking to her. Just because she has a boyfriend now doesn't mean she can't have other male friends. It sounds like you get along well, so if you can suppress your romantic feelings for her, it shouldn't be a problem. If you really love her, perhaps it would be better to get it off your chest. Does she currently know you like her?

We both have expressed we do various times
Reply 6
We both have expressed we do various times

Why did you not make a move earlier? If you both liked each other (which still seems to be true now), it seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity. I'm not sure why she would start going out with someone else if she liked you and she knew that you liked her, but you'll just have to deal with the situation. As I said, try to remain friends, and if you really can't, I would ask her why she's still flirty with you. It sounds like she's using you a bit. If I was a girl and in a relationship, I wouldn't be flirting with other guys who I knew liked me back, because that's just harsh.
Reply 7
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
She's using you. Should have asked her out before she got taken.

Also you're not in love. Infatuation is the word.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, I'd disagree.

I agree that I should put in more effort in asking, I guess.
Reply 8
Original post by Lotus_Eater
That's a beautifully understated use of brackets!

Don't get too crazy here. You talk about her being The One. Trust me, that's a judgement you can only make once you're together (and ideally after having been with others too) - at this stage a lot of it will be projection since people behave very peculiarly in romantic relationships.

I think you should let her know how you feel. That will at least make sense of why you can't talk to her. Also explain that it's painful being friends with someone you care about who is with someone else. She'd have to have a heart of stone not to sympathise.

Another option is to play the long game: get even friendlier with her and move in should her current relationship not work out (which, frankly, is even more likely if you're monopolising her). However I'd caution against that since a) it's not very nice thing to do and b) I don't think you could really pull it off properly.

Your last paragraph contains a convoluted sentence about how you haven't dated because you only want to do it if there's a strong likelihood it'll go somewhere. I suggest that in the future this is a philosophy you should jettison. The whole point of dating is to see what feelings develop and just because a relationship doesn't last forever doesn't mean it wasn't worth having. Relationships are risky and involve exposing ourselves to a lot of potential pain. But the upside definitely outweighs this and I believe if things don't work out with this girl, you'd be wrong to isolate yourself from other women.

I did tell her why I didn't want to talk anymore. She totally understood, it was all no talk for about 4 weeks, she messaged me about program I might enjoy. Then started talking again over one thing or another then she blurted out how much she's missed me - was a mutual feeling.

I'm certainly not monopolising her
Reply 9
But I think she's the one.

Once you've been in your first relationship (and presuming it ends, as most do), you will never say that again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending