Chloeantonia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm going to stay in halls at UOG in September and have been told I can't take my car. Has anyone found their way around this?
Unrepentant
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably unlikely to find a way around it as the campus' have limited parking and they are pretty savvy when it comes to finding out. From what I understand the no cars in first year was something to do with the local council rather than the University itself. And I imagine with limited parking on the campus' it'd probably cause problems if every single halls student brought their car. So unless you have a friend/relative already at the Uni with a house with a drive/on street parking it's probably unlikely you'll get around it.

To be honest, most things are walking distance in Cheltenham from the town centre to the campus's and the bus services are really good. There is the Uni bus that goes to all of the campus's Cheltenham-Gloucester and back very regularly, and other services stop at Park and Oxstalls too. Not sure if it is still the same now as I am a 2013 graduate but with your student card you got a discount on all of the Stagecoach bus services. So really a car isn't necessary. Nothing is too far out or too far away.
Chloeantonia
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ok, that's great. Thankyou very much for your help. Do you know how far away Cheltenham high street is from the Francis Hall campus? As I looked online and it says only half a mile.
Unrepentant
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chloeantonia)
Ok, that's great. Thankyou very much for your help. Do you know how far away Cheltenham high street is from the Francis Hall campus? As I looked online and it says only half a mile.
No problem.

The high street really isn't far at all. You would just cross the road outside of FCH campus and it's just a very short walk from there. Half a mile sounds about right. FCH is also quite close to the Big Tesco store in Cheltenham which would be about 10-15 minute walk I'd say.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Gloucestershire
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise