The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Met: Social Life?!

(edited 9 years ago)
Hi

Have you had a look at Opal 1 & 2? http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/accommodation/opal-one-and-two.htm All the rooms there are en-suite and there's over 1,500 rooms so there's always plenty going on there, plus it has a reputation as our most sociable hall so if that's what you're after it could be a good option.

We have some viewing days in April and May so you could come and have a look around? If you're interested the details can be found here: http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/accommodation/

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Hi Chloe,

I'm studying business studies at Leeds this year and because rose bowl is the main area for this course I've gone for the opal as my accommodation as it's in commuting distance to and from lectures as well as night life. Where are you from?

Jaz x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ch1oexo
Just confirmed my place at Leeds Met for business studies and was wondering if anyone was doing the same or a similar course?

I'm a little worried about which accommodation I should choose. I'm very sociable and love going out but I need a place with an ensuite and hopefully some nice people to hang out with.

Could anyone recommend a place for me?

Hi Chloe, yeah I'm also going to leeds met and will be doing business studies :smile:
I've choose the Opel for my accommodation because it's at a commuting distance and I've heard great things about that city accommodation, have you picked your place to stay? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hello all,

I am from Pakistan, beginning this Sep at Leeds Met City Campus for an Master in Public Health- Health Promotion.

I'm very very confused about accommodation. I am a Commonwealth Shared Scholar so as such the Uni is my guarantor for any accommodation I choose. I will be provided a stipend monthly and can only pay for accommodation monthly.

I chose Liberty Park ensuites as my first choice but the Uni insists i change to Opal 1/2 as its easier for them to arrange for monthly payments for me there as opposed to Liberty Park.

I've been trawling TRS religiously and have come across mixed reviews for the Opals and next to nothing about Liberty Park. Which makes me nervous.

Can anyone suggest something for me? Not just Opal or LP but generally which accommodation to go for?

NON-COMPROMISABLE
Ensuite - I CANNOT share my washroom. Even if it's dinky its fine because I dont clean my washroom at home (princess, much?) so it'll be less work for me generally, but no sharing.

Heat and Light Included- This is my first time living away from home so I would prefer to not be fighting over bills and freezing in the cold over unpaid heating.

HIGHLY PREFERRED
Short Walk to Campus - Nobody really walks to places here in Pak (upto 50 degree heat in the Summers) so can't say I'm used to long walks and can't say I can't get used to it either. But would prefer a short distance for that 9Am lecture. The closest I have seen are Carlton House, LP and the Opals

Diversity - Being and international student myself, I'd like to meet people from international backgrounds as well. So weird food and different languages is a plus :P I am pretty social in that I like to go out at least 4 times a week (is it even quantifiable?)

No Fresher Noise - Being as it is a postgrad and an 89-year old when it comes to dealing with "the young" I don't think I'd appreciate noise till 7 Am in the morning. Would prefer to be housed with other postgrads.

Laundry - Again a novelty for me is washing my own clothes so prefer not to sell my body to afford the cleaners and just be able to do it on my own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending