The Student Room Group

HIS1M Unit 1 USA 1890-1945 Revision

Does anyone have any useful revision notes? Which questions are least likely to be asked?

Scroll to see replies

Moved to the history help forum :h: . They may be more able to help you :h:
Reply 2
I'm doing this also. i found a thread on the forum from a few years ago and it had notes on every section
Original post by Xscape
I'm doing this also. i found a thread on the forum from a few years ago and it had notes on every section

Could you please provide a link to this thread? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
Could you please provide a link to this thread? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't find it Sozzy
Reply 5
Could you please provide a link to this thread? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

•

[INDENT]
just realized that since we get given 6 questions in the exam and we only have to answer two sections (4 questions) we can afford to miss out a third of revision. Since I have realized in the third section of the USA paper only asks questions about the new deal and WW2.

Have any AS students thought of doing this and have any A2 students already done it? If so was it ok?

Original post by Dilan97

•

[INDENT]
just realized that since we get given 6 questions in the exam and we only have to answer two sections (4 questions) we can afford to miss out a third of revision. Since I have realized in the third section of the USA paper only asks questions about the new deal and WW2.

Have any AS students thought of doing this and have any A2 students already done it? If so was it ok?

I guess you could do that, and only answer Questions 1 and 2. But in my opinion, I wouldn't risk it, just incase one of the other questions is worded really horribly and you don't really understand it. However if you feel EXTREMELY confident on everything but the last section and you've had enough practice on the past paper questions, then go for it.

I was thinking maybe we could all post some practice questions here so it lessens the work for all of us? Just any 12 markers or 24 markers that we've had marked in class, or have done at home, preferably past paper questions :smile:

Here's one of mine, I got 24/24 and it is pretty much the same as Question 4 on the January 2011 paper:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1397644293.740218.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1397644331.588046.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1397644359.423505.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
We only got taught the first 2/3rds of the spec.
What questions do you guys think will come up?
Someone help me omg I totally forgot. Basically the q's are set out Question 1 ) 1 AND 2 then there's Question2) 3 AND 4 etc etc
it says to answer 2 questions so in reality we're doing 4 essays? Hope i've said it right thats what I thought all along or am i wrong does it mean 2 questions as in Question 1) 1 AND 2 and that's all?
Original post by Dilan97

•

Our teacher didn't bother teaching us ww2 and the new deal for those reasons, he hasn't taught it for 2 years and most his class get high grades.

hope this helps :smile:
Original post by p_sharples
Our teacher didn't bother teaching us ww2 and the new deal for those reasons, he hasn't taught it for 2 years and most his class get high grades.

hope this helps :smile:

Yeah same here.
What was on the 2014 paper ? AQA still haven't published the papers :frown:

Here's one of mine, I got 24/24 and it is pretty much the same as Question 4 on the January 2011 paper:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1397644293.740218.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1397644331.588046.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1397644359.423505.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

wtf my teacher wouldn't even give me 21 for that ffs
Original post by midgemeister7

ikr same here, they'd expect historians' viewpoints and things like that
Original post by paulina1111
ikr same here, they'd expect historians' viewpoints and things like that

like it was a good essay and that, but there were 4 hard facts in the whole thing and a lot of it was waffle. Probs a decent A, but not 'perfect'.

Also very long for a 24 minute essay
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
I'm pretty sure historians viewpoints are not needed, only in other history courses like tudor history etc.
Original post by sashton7
I'm pretty sure historians viewpoints are not needed, only in other history courses like tudor history etc.

Agreed, we've never been told to include historians' viewpoints in USA.
Original post by paulina1111
What was on the 2014 paper ? AQA still haven't published the papers :frown:

Apparently these are the questions from last year:smile::

Explain why there was opposition to mass immigration in the years 1890-1914
How far did the rise of big business change the American economy in the years 1890-1914?
Explain why organised crime grew during the 1920s
How far were Republican policies during the 1920s responsible for the Wall Street Crash?
Explain why American foreign policy was isolationist before 1939
How important was Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour in ending American isolationism?
Original post by midgemeister7

Marking the 24 mark questions is so subjective. The mark scheme is too vague. Even teachers in my school differ in how they mark a 24 mark essay :frown:

Quick Reply