The Student Room Group

HIS1M Unit 1 USA 1890-1945 Revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmaaaxx
The revision guide has some points about it.

You just need to know that African-Americans were sharecroppers (tenant farmer) during the economic boom. They tried to move North to places like New York and Detroit but were left in poor areas and jobs with low wages, finding themselves competing with new immigrants for work.

Hope that helps? :smile:

Ah ok, thanks a lot - I didn't know there was a revision guide at all so that's news to me! Seems a bit vague for an essay question so I'm hoping it won't come up
Can foreign policy just not come up please D:
Original post by undine_monty
If anyone wants any revision materials for the exam, I have flashcards on Quizlet on everything in my revision guide

whats the link man?
Original post by ronjenkins
whats the link man?

I wanted people to actually ask for the details :tongue:

https://quizlet.com/ramblingman13

Click folders and find the 'AQA AS History USA'
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by undine_monty
I wanted people to actually ask for the details :tongue:

https://quizlet.com/ramblingman13

Click folders and find the 'AQA AS History USA'

Thank you for uploading this!
Original post by kaytaylou
how stressful is this exam oh my gosh

Ikr, feel like I don't know anything :frown:
hate the timing of this exam. a minute a mark in a subject like this is just cruel!
Reply 67
Need 15 on both 24 markers and 10 on both 12 markers for a B :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mastar97
Need 15 on both 24 markers and 10 on both 12 markers for a B :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or aim for 16 and 17 in the 24 markers to get an A :smile:
Reply 69
question 1 was easy question two 12 marker was easy 24 marker was hard
Found the exam ok did 1 & 2 sorry to the people who were only taught 2/3rds of the course
I did so bad. I did Q1 and Q3 (I dunno why I was so stupid to not revise section 3 and 4 becuase Q2 has always been on Section, so I thought I would do Q1 + 2)
I'm hoping for a miracle in the next one ( Im doing Social Sixties Britain).
I though I did quite well on both 12 markers, but I got really confused on both the 24 markers. When it was aking for a change, I didn't know whether it was a social, economic change and i just messed it up. Similar to how American society changed - I just got cunfused - I didn't really know whether to put econmically or socially.
Im guessing I probably got a U and I didn't even finish.
Im just really hoping that even though Im terrible at source questions, I could do at least get a high enough in British History, which would hoperfully balance my grade to an C.
I think grade boundaries will be high though imo
im so glad my teacher taught us the whole of the course or i would be flipping out about question 2
What did u put for q 2 ?
So annoyed about this exam! :/
Can anyone remember the questions? I didn't write about advertising on the immigration 12 marker 😭.
Original post by Rebecca1403
Can anyone remember the questions? I didn't write about advertising on the immigration 12 marker 😭.

good job too - advertising is more into the 1920's so would be kinda out of the time frame
Original post by Rebecca1403

you didn't need to
Reply 79
Original post by IWokeUpLikeThis
I did so bad. I did Q1 and Q3 (I dunno why I was so stupid to not revise section 3 and 4 becuase Q2 has always been on Section, so I thought I would do Q1 + 2)
I'm hoping for a miracle in the next one ( Im doing Social Sixties Britain).
I though I did quite well on both 12 markers, but I got really confused on both the 24 markers. When it was aking for a change, I didn't know whether it was a social, economic change and i just messed it up. Similar to how American society changed - I just got cunfused - I didn't really know whether to put econmically or socially.
Im guessing I probably got a U and I didn't even finish.
Im just really hoping that even though Im terrible at source questions, I could do at least get a high enough in British History, which would hoperfully balance my grade to an C.
I think grade boundaries will be high though imo

omg you did Q3?! I only know people in my entire college that did that - EVERYBODY did 1 & 2 looooool. I'm doing sixties britain next week too! Hope the sources are easy to understand 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending