The Student Room Group

Skiving last two weeks of school to revise hardcore?

I've got two weeks left of school until we go on study leave. My exams start on the 5th of May and I am planning to skive these last two weeks of school so I can get into my intense revision schedule earlier (Yes I know I should have started revising WAY before this). Should I do this? Seeing as all we're doing in school is REVISION, I believe I should. I am also being completely honest when I say that I revise better when I'm alone. I find it hard to focus in the classroom when the teacher is speaking all the time and when classmates are chatting to each other. It's the same exact situation when I'm in the library because students from the lower years don't respect the school library. I just feel like I can get so much MORE done if I stay at home until the exams and revise like there is no tomorrow. I've got subjects that I want to revise a lot more than others. If I go to school, it will completely mess up my schedule and my motivation to work.

My parents aren't a problem because they have great trust in me. I will make sure that their trust in me will not be to their regret when I get my exam results. If I fail, they'll feel guilty for allowing me to stay at home because they will blame themselves for my failure. I would NEVER allow that to happen and this type of determination is what's gonna make sure I do what I have to do in the next several weeks.

So should I do this? Will the school understand that I'm only doing what I think is best for myself? It's not like I ever skived before. I've been a punctual student throughout the whole year and have missed virtually no lessons. What's left to do in class(Revision), I believe that I can do much better if I stay at home. So what do you guys say?
I would. I took a week of to study for my GCSEs and I expect I'll do the same thing next year when IB exams come around..

And I've taken today off to do homework <- my life..
Reply 2
Yeah I basically skived the lessons that I do/did not need to go to.
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply. I am doing IB and it's truly a pain in the butt. At this point in time where my situation is concerned, I believe I'll have to devote myself to at least 4 hours a day of revision to actually be prepared for the exams. Though I may simply be understating the reality of what I have put myself into because that's the nature of IB. I wouldn't be surprised if IB was initially an acronym for Intense Brutality and that they simply changed it to something else because the original name scared off too many students.
Original post by desslop
Thanks for the reply. I am doing IB and it's truly a pain in the butt. At this point in time where my situation is concerned, I believe I'll have to devote myself to at least 4 hours a day of revision to actually be prepared for the exams. Though I may simply be understating the reality of what I have put myself into because that's the nature of IB. I wouldn't be surprised if IB was initially an acronym for Intense Brutality and that they simply changed it to something else because the original name scared off too many students.

Ohh yes, tell me about it. Taking days off to do homework actually becomes a plausible excuse. I am NOT looking forward to next year. What subjects are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending