Aqa gcse science 2014 Watch

Gladiatorsword
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey everyone! !
I created this thread foe anyone doing aqa gcse science and sitting their exams in may/june 2014
Please post revision tips and good past paper sites please :sexface:
And If anyone needs help or has general queries, feel free to ask.
Thanks guys :getmecoat:
Posted from TSR Mobile
arks_007
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find biology really hard. I havent yet starte s doing past papers as i still am not confident i can answer the question. Please help!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
momola
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find biology hard too, I'm doing my gcses this summer....you should print out past papers as a way of revision like now.
arks_007
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im also doin my igcses this summer. Bio is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile
honeydarling
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arks_007)
Im also doin my igcses this summer. Bio is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by momola)
I find biology hard too, I'm doing my gcses this summer....you should print out past papers as a way of revision like now.
(Original post by arks_007)
I find biology really hard. I havent yet starte s doing past papers as i still am not confident i can answer the question. Please help!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really recommend starting past exam papers, they're so helpful!

I find physics really hard, biology is easiest for me! What is it that you find hard? The actual content or the exam techniques?

If it's the content then revise, revise, revise!! You just need to learn it!

If it's the exam techniques then do LOTS of past papers! Do the ones available, then do them again, and again! Obviously mark each one you've done using the mark scheme and then look at the grade boundaries to see how you have done. (Keep in mind, grade boundaries change!!) also reading through the mark scheme helps. See what kind of terms they are looking for, which answers do they always say to ignore or not give mark to? Also look at previous A/A* answers for questions... What kind of things are they including? Where did they lose marks and why? Past exam papers are your new best friend!

This is all advice I have been given by numerous teachers, and students who have done their GCSE's (and really well)!

I hope I helped slightly! )

Posted from TSR Mobile
P488
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you should make flash cards or mind maps they can be really useful to remember words and topics
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
Hey guys..
one really useful tip is to make notes way in advance of the exam. try to learn the notes 1-3 days after making them - scientifically, its proven that retention is 60% higher 1 day after the notes are made
i particularly struggle with p2.6 and p2.7 (radiation topics) and ALL of p3, but as said previously, do tons of past papers after thorough revision.
also use the specification as a checklist on what to revise.
if anyone is having difficults finding certain past papers, feel free to ask

Anyway i think having p2 and p3 on the same day is going to be REALLY DIFFICULt
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
ALSO, if there are any topics you are stuck on,
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/
has some really good videos on every single topic in aqa gcse science
PrincessJewels
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should buy the AQA revision guide, they're like £5 each online
the-anonymous-me
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know where I could find booklets of past paper questions for each topic? My old chemistry teacher gave me some for unit 1 and they were really helpful but now he's gone so I can't ask him, but ya they really helped me. I still do modular science so I only have my unit 3 modules left but I find the best way to revise is through past papers and the specification. Write it out now for each of the sciences then again in a week or at least just keep on reading it through until its ingrained in to your mind. It has the exact words that the examiner is looking for. I did that for Biology and got 100 UMS.
LSEMaybe?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gladiatorsword)
ALSO, if there are any topics you are stuck on,
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/
has some really good videos on every single topic in aqa gcse science
Really do recommend this website! Such a good resource, also try to make notes from the AQA revision guides that's I what I do.
angelchik101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
guys, but the tripples only have two past papers and i have practiced them like hell... so any other tips?? i relaly need help there's two weeks lefttt *_____*
LSEMaybe?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I bought a copy of each of the Unit 3 paper created by MyGCSEScience for £10. Although they won't be as useful as proper test papers you could try using them as a resource?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise