The Student Room Group

Accountancy

I was just wondering if it is possible to do an accountancy apprenticeship instead of going to uni? It's unlikely I'll get into a decent uni as i'm studying all the wrong a levels (other than maths) and i don't think i'll get good enough grades:

Maths (Statistics) - i think i'll get a B but pushing for an A
Geology - B probably
Geography - B hopefully but a C is more likely
Psychology - C or D

At GCSE I only got 3 A's as well.. Maths, Additional Science and Geography. I'm not too sure whether an apprenticeship in accountancy or something is possible and/or likely given the grades I have and will maybe get? I'd be grateful for any help!
Reply 1
Original post by james765
I was just wondering if it is possible to do an accountancy apprenticeship instead of going to uni? It's unlikely I'll get into a decent uni as i'm studying all the wrong a levels (other than maths) and i don't think i'll get good enough grades:

Maths (Statistics) - i think i'll get a B but pushing for an A
Geology - B probably
Geography - B hopefully but a C is more likely
Psychology - C or D

At GCSE I only got 3 A's as well.. Maths, Additional Science and Geography. I'm not too sure whether an apprenticeship in accountancy or something is possible and/or likely given the grades I have and will maybe get? I'd be grateful for any help!

If you want to do accountancy as a career, doing an apprenticeship is a very good way. A yearmate is has got one for a local company and they will sponsor him for throughout the official accounting qualification.

He said that most accounting firms only want a 'good' grade in maths. I also recall JP morgans 18 month apprenticeship scheme asking no more than BBB whereas the local company just wanted an A grade in maths. So your subjects are perfectly fine.

Quick Reply

Latest