The Student Room Group

Need a job!

Currently in A2 year, just wanna give up a few hours a week to work and save up around £2000-£3000 until October when I start so I can pay for my accommodation and everything for halls first year.

Where shall I start?! I'm kinda panicking at the moment because I really want to start somewhere and save up some money.
Reply 1
I've seen that before but didn't pay much attention to it since I was overwhelmed by the amount of jobs needing full time permanent work. Do you think that website would be suitable for me? I'm guessing you found your 3 jobs in similar circumstances to mine (my age, at school etc etc) ?

Thanks a bunch :smile:
Reply 2
Word of warning, it may be really hard. I first started looking for a part time job when I was 16; I'm now 19 and have had 3 unsuccessful interviews. I've been rejected from McDonalds more times than I can remember.

Hopefully you will have better luck than me but just remember it might be quite difficult.
Reply 3
Will do thanks. Have you gotten any feedback on why they may have rejected you? Any tips of such employers where there is 'better luck'?

Original post by Wulf chan
x
Original post by Stickman
Currently in A2 year, just wanna give up a few hours a week to work and save up around £2000-£3000 until October when I start so I can pay for my accommodation and everything for halls first year.

Where shall I start?! I'm kinda panicking at the moment because I really want to start somewhere and save up some money.

Go around giving your cv to every shop, supermarket, fast food place, restaurant and cafe round your area
Indeed is great - I just tend to search 'part time jobs (location)' and it comes up with loads.

There are some places that won't come up on there though so follow the careers links at the bottom of companies such as Boots, WHSmith, Pets at Home, phone companies etc

There are those as well who don't use online applications so it's worth dropping your CV into local shops as well :smile:
alternative option to part time working will be weekends / hoildays

while the summer is still a whiel away a lot of agencies will be looking for warehouse staff or packers come the summer as the warehousing world is working weeks to months ahead of what it's happening in the shops

i.e. the summer will see all the clothing stores recieving their autumn / winter ranges to their UK holding centres and then starting to send it out to the stores - at which point the holding centres will start tyo get Christmas ranges ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending