Toned but with a MASSIVE stomach- help!

Watch
DazR
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I used to be underweight and through eating large quantities of healthy food, I am back to a healthy weight. I play netball, enjoy running and have started to do some at home body weight workouts. I have muscular and toned legs and arms, however my stomach is so large I look pregnant (this is not an over-exaggeration). I am very self conscious of it and it is highlighted due to the contrast between by massive belly and my relatively skinny and toned legs. I eat a clean diet (gluten and dairy free pescatarian, admittedly with too much fruit than recommended) and try to do exercise 4 times a week. I don't know what else to do! When my stomach is empty (when I wake up), it only feels soft for the very top layer of my stomach ( when squeezed about 1-2 inches) but when i eat my whole stomach goes completely rock hard. When I wake up it isn't any flatter than when I've eaten dinner! I just need some advice of exercises (no gym though)/diet/lifestyle changes that I could try to try and reduce this. Oh, I am an female 18 year old and I'm 5'11- so have a massive 'pregnant' belly is very obvious! Please, any advice is much appreciated
Sprockette
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have this and I hate it. I'm thin everywhere else and have been doing strength training/weights for the last year (on and off through sickness). Since January I have given up bread, rice, pasta, etc, high protein, high fat, low carb (not keto) and it seems to have done the trick! I found it hard as I was a total carb junkie but I find it easy enough now. I'm Coeliac so don't eat gluten anyway but I have gone off anything that isn't naturally gluten free, no free from stuff that is full of additives and crap. I'm having a bad few weeks just now, breakup cliche and eating crap and I look pregnant again! But back to healthy eating from today, need to get back on track!
massmonster
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you're not lean or toned, you just have no muscle and are thus skinny-fat. maybe try eating less and moving more
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you bloated? It could be you aren't digesting something you are eating well because toned but fat belly would make little sense. If you aren't bloated then either you are wrong about the toned or belly and if you used to be underweight perhaps you are over-sensitive about the size of your stomach.
Mr_Sinister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Three options

1. You're not toned
2. Bloat
3. Lordosis(common in black women)
Reps4Jesus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pregnancy test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rugby234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You got a HGH gut bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rugby234)
You got a HGH gut bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol

OP you need to keep cutting your BF%
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (41)
16.02%
I'm not sure (8)
3.13%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (92)
35.94%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.56%
I'm not a current university student (111)
43.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed