Lydia24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey this is a thread for anyone who takes or simply enjoys drama on any level.
Let us know what course you're taking, what you intend to take, maybe you've got a festival or competition coming up, or just wanna have a talk about drama.

Feel free to PM me anytime
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i used to enjoy drama a lot at school ? now it's really just a yearly trip to see a Shakespeare play.
Lydia24
Rep:
?
Cool what plays have you seen??
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lydia24)
x
Can filmed dramas be counted as drama too? then I have seen a drama in my life yet. Its not very much, but still!
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lydia24)
Cool what plays have you seen??
i think my favorite was A Midsummer Night's Dream ? that was on last year. i love the magical atmosphere with fairies etc.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Can filmed dramas be counted as drama too? then I have seen a drama in my life yet. Its not very much, but still!
yes that is a drama. but it is like watching a footie match on the telly rather than being part of the action.
Lydia24
Rep:
?
I have never seen a Shakespearean play, bit I have played Lady Macbeth (Macbeth) and Olivia (Twelfth Night) and I am now helping to direct Hamlet
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
yes that is a drama. but it is like watching a footie match on the telly rather than being part of the action.
To come straight to the point. It was a film about a drama, that is to say the actions can be watched on a stage. In this filmed drama I have watched Faust I.

I guess it is not possible to see such old dramas on a stage out of a school. I would love to see the weavers by Gerhardt Hauptmann, the physicists by Friedrich Dürrenmatt, Woyzeck by Gerog Büchner or waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To come straight to the point. It was a film about a drama, that is to say the actions can be watched on a stage. In this filmed drama I have watched Faust I.

I guess it is not possible to see such old dramas on a stage out of a school. I would love to see the weavers by Gerhardt Hauptmann, the physicists by Friedrich Dürrenmatt, Woyzeck by Gerog Büchner or waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett.
the Beckett is regularly staged in this country. the Büchner less often:

http://www.splendidproductions.co.uk...ns/woyzeck.php
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
the Beckett is regularly staged in this country. the Büchner less often
No wonder that Woyzeck is not so often staged in Britain like Waiting for Godot, as Woyzeck is a German drama. But I'm a little bit surprised that Büchner's name is known in Britian. I would not have thought that he is so popular outside of Germany.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No wonder that Woyzeck is not so often staged in Britain like Waiting for Godot, as Woyzeck is a German drama. But I'm a little bit surprised that Büchner's name is known in Britian. I would not have thought that he is so popular outside of Germany.
he is known mainly due to the opera Wozzeck based on the book. this is regularly performed at places like Covent Garden.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
he is known mainly due to the opera Wozzeck based on the book. this is regularly performed at places like Covent Garden.
Yeah, there were not so many dramas which was written by Büchner, three to be exact. He has had a short life, died at 24. But in my opinion this drama Woyzeck can be counted as one of the most important one in social criticism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.43%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
54.89%
No (73)
39.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed