username1332145
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Bonjour!

I am a keen French student and really want to learn it to a fluent level in the future. I was wondering if anyone knows of any books/ audio books that would be suitable for an intimidate French student? I am at the level of French where I can read French books fairly well and can hold a good conversation with natives, but really want to immerse myself and listen to French novels and stuff (I am not at the level where I can understand proper French literature- I can only just understand the French adaptation of harry potter )

So any suggestions?

Merci à l'avance!
username1332145
Rep:
?
By the way I have already read 'le petit prince' a great book for French beginners- intimidiates so please don't suggest that
dizzythinker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello!
I am in the same situation, I have an audiobook called 'La mécanique du cœur' which is really good.

(Original post by easyaspirsquared)
Bonjour!

I am a keen French student and really want to learn it to a fluent level in the future. I was wondering if anyone knows of any books/ audio books that would be suitable for an intimidate French student? I am at the level of French where I can read French books fairly well and can hold a good conversation with natives, but really want to immerse myself and listen to French novels and stuff (I am not at the level where I can understand proper French literature- I can only just understand the French adaptation of harry potter )

So any suggestions?

Merci à l'avance!
username1332145
Rep:
?
(Original post by dizzythinker)
Hello!
I am in the same situation, I have an audiobook called 'La mécanique du cœur' which is really good.
Thanks a lot for your reply and I will check it out
Lara20
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I read a book called "Kiffe kiffe demain" last year. It's a nice, funny story and gives a great insight into contemporary French culture. It's fairly straightforward to read, but has some slang, arabic-influenced words which can cause confusion at times

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.63%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.93%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.85%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.11%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.04%

Watched Threads