Capgemini Technology Graduate: what's the interview and the programme like? Watch

zorro12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I have applied for the Technology Graduate programme at Capgemini for a role as Software Engineer. I passed the telephone interview and now have an assessment centre to go through. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this or any advice?

I'm told it involves a group exercise, a presentation, a verbal reasoning test, and 1-to-1 interview.

What's the verbal reasoning test like?
Any tips for the interview - what have they asked, and what do they want to hear?
Any advice on the other aspects appreciated, and if there's anything to be aware of/avoid or do.

I was also wondering what the Software Engineer job was like? I don't have a technical degree but have done Java in my own time. What kind of roles are available, and do you have any choice? I would like to continue Java and don't want to do some boring 'Business Process Management' which is only vaguely like writing code.

Any advice appreciated - thanks in advance.
appdeveloper166
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How was the assessment center for you?
And how long did they take to reply to you in regards to an offer/rejection?
zorro12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It didn't happen - they cancelled it at the last minute, after they had confirmed and I'd booked my travel (I'm waiting for reimbursement). Extremely poor treatment and poor communication - I'm considering proceeding with the application but it doesn't bode well.
appdeveloper166
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zorro12)
It didn't happen - they cancelled it at the last minute, after they had confirmed and I'd booked my travel (I'm waiting for reimbursement). Extremely poor treatment and poor communication - I'm considering proceeding with the application but it doesn't bode well.

Wow I am really surprised. Did they tell you why they had cancelled it?

Its fine though, you can go to the next assessment centre and I might see you there lol

Im still waiting for a date for the ac
appdeveloper166
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I noticed that the requirements for the programme has changed. Maybe that was the reason why the AC got cancelled?

Role: Software Engineer

With around 125,000 people in 44 countries, Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. We combine world-class consulting with leading-edge technology to transform our customers’ information strategies. Our business-driven approach, supported by a deep understanding of the key technologies, provides truly differentiating performance.

We are looking for talented graduates to join our Software Engineering Practice, this is an integral part of the Software Engineering lifecycle, providing both the design and development of quality applications. You should have knowledge of SQL, Databases, Big Data, Java, and Data Virtualisation. It is an expansive role with a wide variety of opportunities to work alongside industry experts in the newest technologies.
You need CCC at A level
2:1 IT related degree or demonstrable programming skills
Able to meet SC clearance requirements
Before it was just an interest in technology and degree did not matter ;o....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (140)
18.16%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (132)
17.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (236)
30.61%

Watched Threads